Posted by tere on Sunday, October 24, 2010 at 3:15pm.
A flask is charged with 0.124 mol of A and allowed to react to form B according to the reaction A(g) → B(g). The following data are
obtained for (A) as the reaction proceeds:
Time (s) 1 10 20 30 40
Moles of A 0.124 0.110 0.088 0.073 0.054
1) The average rate of disappearance of A between 10 s and 20 s is __________ mol/s.
answer: 2.2 × 10-3
2) If the rate law for the reaction
2A + 3B → products
is second order in A and first order in B, then the rate law is rate = __________.
i know the answers but how do i figure problems like the above? i have a bunch of similar problems to figure out.
chemistry class - DrBob222, Sunday, October 24, 2010 at 3:39pm
10 sec, 0.110
20 sec, 0.088
0.110-0.088 = 0.022 moles/10 sec = 0.0022 moles/sec.
rate constant = k[A]x[B]y
where x is the order of A and y is the order of B and [A] and [B] are the concentrations, in moles/L, of the reactants. Except for elementary reactions, the order CAN NOT be determined from the coefficients in the balanced equation. x and y must be determined experimentally.
chemistry class - tere, Sunday, October 24, 2010 at 3:45pm
thank you i kept getting 0.022 because i didn't divide by time.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - A flask is charged with 0.124 mol of A and allowed to react to form ...
- chemistry - Consider the following reaction in a closed reaction flask. If 0.600...
- chem - For the reaction 2 N2(g) + 3 H2(g) → 2 NH3(g) which of the ...
- Chemistry Class - Dinitrogentetraoxide partially decomposes according to the ...
- chemistry - Heterogenous equilibrium of ammonium bisulfide. Ammonium bisulfide ...
- chemistry - The decomposition of N2O5 proceeds according to the following ...
- Chemistry - Science (Dr. Bob222) - The following reaction has a positive value ...
- Chemistry - Equimolar amounts of gas A and B, each at an initial partial ...
- Chemistry - According to the reaction 2Al+3H2SO4→3H2+Al2(SO4)3, the total ...
- Chemistry - Carbon monoxide and hydrogen react according to the equation: CO(g...