Posted by HELP ! on Friday, October 22, 2010 at 9:29pm.
Organic hydrogenation reactions, in which H2 and an "unsaturated" organic compound combine, are used in the food, fuel, and polymer industries. In the simplest case, ethene (C2H4) and H2 form ethane (C2H6). If 124 kJ is given off per mole of C2H4 reacting, how much heat is released when 14.6 kg of C2H6 forms?
Chemistry - DrBob222, Friday, October 22, 2010 at 9:37pm
C2H4 + H2 ==> C2H6
124 kJ is released when 1 mole C2H4 reacts and 1 mole C2H6 is formed. The molar mass C2H6 is 30.07 grams. We can restate the problem that 124 kJ heat is released in forming 30.07 g C2H6.
124 kJ released x 14.6 kg/0.0307 kg = ??
Chemistry - HELP !, Friday, October 22, 2010 at 9:54pm
58970 ? But, it has to be 3 significant figures, right ? So, would it be 5.90e4
Chemistry - DrBob222, Friday, October 22, 2010 at 10:11pm
48970.68 kJ which you need to round to 3 s.f.
Chemistry - hihi, Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 6:55pm
How much energy is required to heat 1.3 g of
gold from 25
C to 46
C? The speciﬁc heat of
gold is 0.131 J/g·
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Organic hydrogenation reactions, in which H2 and an "unsaturated" ...
- chemistry - Organic hydrogenation reactions, in which H2 and an "unsaturated" ...
- chem 211 - Organic hydrogenation reactions, in which H2 and an "unsaturated" ...
- College Chemistry - 1. What is the change in internal energy (in J) of a system ...
- Chemistry - In the dehydrogenation of ethane two reactions take place: C2H6 =>...
- Chemistry - What are the enthalpy, entropy, and free energy for the ...
- science/ chemistry - Over 80 000 vehicles per day pass the site and the traffic ...
- chemistry - explain what is meant by the term 'Hybridisation' in molecular ...
- chemistry - C2H6 <> C2H4 + H2. when 1.00mol ethane is cracked at 180kPa ...
- Chemistry - Calculate enthalpy of reaction C2H4 + H2 gives C2H6.enthalpy of ...