Posted by Cheryl on Friday, October 22, 2010 at 11:17am.
The Constitution establishes rules that the United States government must observe. There are five main principles that form the basis of these rules and ensure our democratic government. In a minimum of three well-developed paragraphs, list, define, and discuss each of these principles. Include a present day example for each one that shows how our government today is or is not obeying each principle.
The Five main principles of our government are:
-Consent of the governed—People are the source of any and all governmental power.
- Limited government—Government is not all-powerful and may do only those things people have given it the power to do.
-Rule of law—The government and those who govern are bound by the law.
-Democracy—In a democratic system of government the people rule.
-Representative government—In a representative system of government people elect public officeholders to make laws and conduct government on their behalf.
- American Government - SraJMcGin, Friday, October 22, 2010 at 11:34am
How may we help you? I don't see a specific question.
Writeacher's lesson on "How to Search on the Internet" may be of help to you:
For Internet searching:
At this webpage, you can go immediately to the search sites (first three columns across the top) -- or even better you can scroll down until you see the section called HOW TO SEARCH THE INTERNET. Those are the links to start with. You'll not only learn how to come up with good search terms, but also how to evaluate the webpages you get as results. Some will be good and others will be garbage. You need to know how to tell the difference.
My favorite way to search is to go to Google's advanced search page http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en and put my search words or phrases into the first or second search box (either "all the words" or "exact phrase").
Learning to use Google or other search engines can save you time and help you learn to find information efficiently. Here are some websites that can teach you how:
... and one to help you judge whether a particular website's information is worth your time:
- American Government - Allison, Friday, February 1, 2013 at 4:35am
This is an old question, but for anyone cruising by looking for help, assuming we are using the same text book, you can refer to Chapter 3. The answer is pretty much right in front of you; you just have to write the paragraphs! Hope this helped. Good luck!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- american government - there are five main principles that form the basis of ...
- American Government - Do you believe that the United States Government is ...
- american government/ economics - A constituion: is a unitary form of government...
- american government - Through the grants of power in Constitution,the Framers ...
- American government - How does the 10th amendment shown below demonstrate a ...
- World History (Ms. Sue) - Consider the influence of the U.S. Constitution on ...
- Civics - Why did the framers of the constitution include the system of checks ...
- foundations of government project - Purpose of Government principles of a ...
- american government - the electoral college: A) creates and enfores the rules ...
- American History - What statement best describes Jefferson's attitude toward ...