Posted by lomas on Thursday, October 21, 2010 at 9:19pm.
there are 4 girls in Mrs. Changs class than Mr. Blackwell's.
5 girls moved from Mrs. Changs to Mr. Blackwells.
Now there are twice as many girls in Mr. Blackwells class as there are in Mrs. Changs, How many girls were in Mr. Blackwells class to begin with?
Help, stuck with this problem.
math - Reiny, Thursday, October 21, 2010 at 9:34pm
retype the first sentence, it makes no sense and must contain a typo ....
probably "4 more girls" or "4 less girls"
math - lomas, Thursday, October 21, 2010 at 9:36pm
sorry. it's 4 more girls
math - Reiny, Thursday, October 21, 2010 at 9:44pm
make a chart:
Mr Blackwell --- x students
Mrs Chang ---- x+4
Mr. B ---- x+5
Mrs. C ---- x-1
x+5 = 2(x-1)
x+5 = 2x - 2
x = 7
so Mr B had 7, Mrs C had 11
(Wow! 7 students and 11 students, where do these schools exist ???? I might go back to teaching)
math - lomas, Thursday, October 21, 2010 at 9:51pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - There are 4 more girls in Mrs. Chang's class than Mr. Blackwell's class. ...
- math - Math word problem: There are 25 students in Mrs. Roberts 3rd grade class...
- 8thMath - In mrs Wilsons class there are 24 boys and the girls are 2/5 the class...
- 3rd Grade Math - There are 25 students in Mrs. Roberts 3rd grade class. There ...
- P6 maths - Mrs Wong baked some pizzas for her students. The boy received twice ...
- math - mrs. cooper's class has 11 more girls than boys. there are 35 students in...
- Math - Mrs.Smith's class has 12 girls and 8 boys. What percent of he class are ...
- Math - Mrs coopers 5th grade class has 11 more girls than boys. There are 35 ...
- algebra - mrs. rays class has 18 girls and 9 boys. mr lis class has 16 girls and...
- math - There are 27 students in Mrs. Reeds class. The number of boys and number ...