Posted by Amy on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 8:16pm.
for the word "hiatus"
can it be used in a sentence that says:
He took a hiatus from his hobby.
(that sentence was from a website)
just want to make sure its right
English: Vocab - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 8:19pm
Yes, that is correct. It would be better if you added something to it -- like
He took a hiatus from his hobby to get a lot of work done around the house.
English: Vocab - Amy, Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 8:22pm
English: Vocab - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 8:26pm
English: Vocab - bobpursley, Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 8:26pm
it has other meanings also.
The surgeon grafted the hiatus in the forearm.
The word cooperate has a hiatus between the two O's, as does ear have between the two vowels ea.
English: Vocab - bobpursley, Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 8:27pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra II - Buggs made the trip at 40 mph during the first Hiatus. Joan Made ...
- Algebra 2 - Bugs made the trip at 40 miles per hour during the first hiatus.joan...
- unscrambling a word - unscramble hautis hiatus
- english vocab word - can you please help me -- I need a sentence using the word...
- English - I am writing a paper for my research class and I am not sure I am ...
- English Writing - The explain in one paragraph for each website why you think ...
- English - 1. Put two scrambled word pieces together and make one complete word. ...
- correction - One of people’s favorite hobbies is to listen to music. is there ...
- English - Write complete sentence if the statement is a complete sentence. Write...
- english - Can anyone tell me if I have done this right. Because the store was ...