front end estimation: 436+517=400+500=900
rounding: 236+710= 200+700=900
front end estimation:
* Add the digits of the two highest place values
* Insert zeros for the other place values
* Example 1: 4496 + 3745 is estimated to be 8100 by front end estimation (i.e. 4400 + 3700).
* Example 2: 4496 + 745 is estimated to be 5100 by front end estimation (i.e. 4400 + 700).
* Rounding makes numbers that are easier to work with in your head.
* Rounded numbers are only approximate.
* An exact answer generally can not be obtained using rounded numbers.
* Use rounding to get a answer that is close but that does not have to be exact.
How to round numbers
* Make the numbers that end in 1 through 4 into the next lower number that ends in 0. For example 74 rounded to the nearest ten would be 70.
* Numbers that end in a digit of 5 or more should be rounded up to the next even ten. The number 88 rounded to the nearest ten would be 90.
attn(happy face)thank you!!
ashton broke apart a number into 30+7. what number did she start with?
use any methond to eastimate each difference
use any method estimate 667-651
Elementary Math - Can you explain what the difference between rounding and front...
5th grade Math - You want to estimate 5.25-3.3. Why would using front-end ...
math - You want to estimate 5.25-3.3 why would using front-end estimation tell ...
math - Can someone please show me how to estimate mixed numbers. An exsample ...
Math - How would I go about solving this problem? Use front-end estimation with ...
3rd grade math - i need help!! if the estimate is greater than or equal or 1,500...
Math - 3rd grade - Multiplication: What does it mean to use front-end estimation...
math - Use front-end estimation with adjustment to estimate each of the ...
3rd grade - Use compatible numbers to complete this problem. Then estimate the ...
math - front-end estimation to find and estimate for 4,381+321+6,918