Posted by mysterychicken on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 11:54am.
45. The British government decided to tax the American colonies
a. to pay off war debts
b. to teach the colonists a lesson
c. to increase the standard of living in Britain
d. to finance westward expansion
46. Union victories at Vicksburg and Port Hudson
a. offset the loss at Gettysburg
b. cut the Confederacy in two
c. ensured that Richmond would fall
d. left the North at its lowest point
47. Why did the institution of slavery develop in Africa?
a. Africa had too many people
b. Slaves were valued as goods to be sold and traded
c. European traders introduced slavery to West Africa
d. Africa had an excess of land and a shortage of labor
48. Under the Articles of Confederation, the national government was
a. strong and unified
b. headed by a king
c. a loose alliance of states
d. divided into three branches
A? ...or D
49. Southern states adopted the northern system of
a. cash-crop agriculture
b. government-funded, urban social reform
c. mandatory, tax-supported education
d. problem-solving political commissions
50. What was a negative impact of "bonanza" farms?
a. Output declined
b. Farms got smaller
c. Farms became disorganized
d. Oversupply led to lower prices
- US History - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 1:51pm
I agree with all of your answers except 48.
Under the Articles of Confederation the states were somewhat allied while preserving the unique qualities of each state.
- US History - mysterychicken, Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 2:06pm
- US History - m, Monday, October 25, 2010 at 10:34am
Answer this Question
us history - Tracing the history of the colonial-British relations, defend or ...
History - The British government decided to tax the American colonies a. to pay ...
World History - What was the most important factor in the British conquest of ...
US History - Can you please help me with these questions? After the Revolution, ...
US History - 3. The War of 1812 ended with a. a clear victory for the US b. a ...
U.S.History - please check these questions:[my letter is in CAPS] 1.In the Adams...
US History - The battle of New Orleans A. destroyed the Creeks Indian Tribe B. ...
US History - A treaty was signed in 1842 to end the border dispute between the ...
history - How did world war I influence africans' wish for equality? 1. working ...
us history - What big idea of American government does The House of Burgesses ...