Posted by mysterychicken on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 11:54am.
45. The British government decided to tax the American colonies
a. to pay off war debts
b. to teach the colonists a lesson
c. to increase the standard of living in Britain
d. to finance westward expansion
46. Union victories at Vicksburg and Port Hudson
a. offset the loss at Gettysburg
b. cut the Confederacy in two
c. ensured that Richmond would fall
d. left the North at its lowest point
47. Why did the institution of slavery develop in Africa?
a. Africa had too many people
b. Slaves were valued as goods to be sold and traded
c. European traders introduced slavery to West Africa
d. Africa had an excess of land and a shortage of labor
48. Under the Articles of Confederation, the national government was
a. strong and unified
b. headed by a king
c. a loose alliance of states
d. divided into three branches
A? ...or D
49. Southern states adopted the northern system of
a. cash-crop agriculture
b. government-funded, urban social reform
c. mandatory, tax-supported education
d. problem-solving political commissions
50. What was a negative impact of "bonanza" farms?
a. Output declined
b. Farms got smaller
c. Farms became disorganized
d. Oversupply led to lower prices
- US History - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 1:51pm
I agree with all of your answers except 48.
Under the Articles of Confederation the states were somewhat allied while preserving the unique qualities of each state.
- US History - mysterychicken, Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 2:06pm
- US History - m, Monday, October 25, 2010 at 10:34am
Answer this Question
- History - The British government decided to tax the American colonies a. to pay ...
- Social Studies-Amrican History - British Taxes - The student will evaluate the ...
- us history - Tracing the history of the colonial-British relations, defend or ...
- History help!!!!!!!! - Why did the colonists react to the Coercive Acts with ...
- SS7R Question/Help! (plz read) - The American Revolution From 1763 through 1776 ...
- U.S. History - please check these: 1. The French adn Indian War led to: a. a ...
- american History - Can someone help me please. I am having a hard time ...
- Us. History Help!!! - 1. The British recognized the United States as an ...
- Social Studies - What was the significance of the American victory at Saratoga...
- US History - How did the British mercantlism prevent the economic development of...