Posted by jhoin on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 7:58pm.
where is the international date line located
social studies - Writeacher, Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 8:00pm
In the Pacific Ocean for the most part:
social studies - Katsu, Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 8:20pm
The International Date Line sits on the 180º line of longitude in the middle of the Pacific Ocean
social studies - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 8:29pm
Although much of the International Dateline is at 180 degrees, this line varies, depending upon what the local residents want. It was fun watching people shift the dateline around 10 years ago, so that a specific place could officially greet the new millenium first.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- social studies - The International Date Line is halfway around the world from ...
- geography - if you travel westward along the 80th parallel north of the equator ...
- Maps - What is the purpose of the international date line?
- geography - I just wanted to make sure my answers are correct, Can you check it ...
- Geography - Which ocean does most of the International Date Line pass through? I...
- Science - Why are time zones necessary and What is the purpose of the ...
- physical geography - A-When Magellan’s crew left Spain to sail around the world...
- social studies - list the international laws of cyrus?
- Social Studies - what was the name of Abraham Lincoln's home and where was it ...
- Social Studies - What is the date of Julius Caesars assassanation?