38. Jackson defended the spoils system by claiming that it prevented
a. partisan politics
b. control of government by the rich
c. minority rule
d. an imbalance of power
39. The goal of the Lecompton constitution was to
a. establish slavery in Kansas
b. abolish slavery in all territories
c. abolish slavery in Kansas
d. uphold the Missouri Compromise
Although they are opposites, I couldn't decide between A and C, but I think it's A?
40. One effect of the passage of the Alien and Sedition Acts was
a. a return to monarchy
b. increased tensions between Federalists and Jeffersonian Republicans
c. another American Revolution
d. a weaker federal government
Don't know between A and D...
41. How did Andrew Carnegie gain control of the steel industry?
a. by giving away his money
b. by becoming a partner of Edwin Drake
c. by buying all the other steel mills
d. by practicing vertical consolidation
42. How did England's preoccupation with its civil war affect the colonies?
a. They were forced to support the king
b. They were left alone
c. They developed ties to France
d. They started to produce manufactured goods
US History - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 8:07pm
40. We certainly did not become a monarchy. Check your text for B and D.
42. Check your book for either B or C.