Posted by mysterychicken on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 7:35pm.
38. Jackson defended the spoils system by claiming that it prevented
a. partisan politics
b. control of government by the rich
c. minority rule
d. an imbalance of power
39. The goal of the Lecompton constitution was to
a. establish slavery in Kansas
b. abolish slavery in all territories
c. abolish slavery in Kansas
d. uphold the Missouri Compromise
Although they are opposites, I couldn't decide between A and C, but I think it's A?
40. One effect of the passage of the Alien and Sedition Acts was
a. a return to monarchy
b. increased tensions between Federalists and Jeffersonian Republicans
c. another American Revolution
d. a weaker federal government
Don't know between A and D...
41. How did Andrew Carnegie gain control of the steel industry?
a. by giving away his money
b. by becoming a partner of Edwin Drake
c. by buying all the other steel mills
d. by practicing vertical consolidation
42. How did England's preoccupation with its civil war affect the colonies?
a. They were forced to support the king
b. They were left alone
c. They developed ties to France
d. They started to produce manufactured goods
Answer this Question
- history - Jackson defended the spoils system by claiming that it prevented a. ...
- History - How did Jackson abuse the power of the presidency through the spoils ...
- History - "They [Jackson and his supporters] see nothing wrong in the rule that ...
- Social Studies - 1. Which question would best help you write a report regarding ...
- S.S - Which question would best help you write a report regarding the changes to...
- American History - 1. Andrew Jackson exerted the power of the presidency by a. ...
- us history - which type of government has the power to make marriage and divorce...
- college HIST - The Age of Jackson is often seen as a turning point in American ...
- Government - When it was developed during the jackson administration,the ...
- social stud. quiz --- check my answers!!! - hi, can someone check my answers ...