Posted by tia on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 12:21pm.
solve the following pair of simultaneous equations.
- maths - MathMate, Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 12:40pm
Multiply (2) by 3 and add to (1)
Add(1) and (3)
11x = 22 ...(4)
Solve (4) to get
Substitute x=11 in (1) to solve for y.
- typo/error - Jen, Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 2:53pm
x=2, Substitute x=2 in (1) or (2). 2 is easier.
- maths - MathMate, Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 5:11pm
Thank you Jen.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - solve the simultaneous equations to find the coordinates of the point of ...
- maths pls help - 1. Solve the following simultaneous equations: log2 xy = 7 log2...
- Maths - Solve Graphically the following simultaneous linear equations 5x+7y=13 ...
- Maths - Solve Graphically the following simultaneous linear equations 2y-3x=12 x...
- maths - solve the following simultaneous equations using matrices 3x-6y=24 and -...
- Xuha's Guideline Center (maths) - Solve graphically the following simultaneous ...
- Mathmatics - Solve these pair of simultaneous equations Y= 4x^2 - 5x + 2 Y= 2x -...
- math - solve the pair of simultaneous equations y=x+2 y+x^2
- math - Solve the pair of simultaneous equations x^2=4-y x=y+2
- Maths - solve the following pair of simultaneous equation: (x/a)+(y/b)=1 (x/b)+(...