Posted by JayLynne-Mathmate please recheck on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 12:20pm.
When I asked you about the following problem:Solve 4sqrt(6x-2)>4
The first 4 is outside the square root sign and then (6x-2) is under the square root sign >4. You said to do the following. Divide by 4 to get
For this to happen, 6x-2>1 or x>(1/2)
which does not match any of your answers.
I suspect there is a misprint or misinterpretation of the question.
Wouldn't I say (4sqrt(6x-2))^4 > 4^4 because I take
6x-2 > 256
but when I put 1/3 back in, I don't think it works, does it so that's why I said x>43 and not the other answers available which would be
- Algebra - JayLynne-Someone please recheck, Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 12:31pm
Could someone please recheck the solution to the above problem-Mathmate said it can't be done but I think it was just interpreted the wrong way-please recheck m solution
- Algebra - MathMate, Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 12:46pm
If the expression was the fourth root, it would be more understandable to write it as:
(6x-2)^(1/4) > 4
in which case x>43 is the correct answer.
Alternatively, you could add a note to say that the left-hand-side is the fourth root.
- Algebra - JayLynne-Someone please recheck, Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 12:50pm
Answer this Question
- Algebra - 3(square root of)18 + square root of 2. How would I solve this problem...
- Math simplifying mixed radicals - Please help me simplify these following mixed ...
- math - Here's my question: Determine if each system has one, two, or no ...
- Algebra - Rationalize each expression by building perfect nth root factors for ...
- Math simplifying mixed radicals - Please help me simplify these following mixed...
- Inter. Algebra - I find it curious here: a - b=2 in this case, rationalize by ...
- Math radical equations - Please show me how to do these step by step because I ...
- Math/Algebra HELP - Can you please check these answers: 1. If the first Now= -9...
- Algebra 1B - I really need help with this but I'm not sure if I'm going to put ...
- Algebra - Use the quadratic formula to solve the equation. Give exact answers: ...