Posted by mysterychicken on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 12:18pm.
3. Dissolving salt in water is a physical change- F
It was Na ions and Cl ions in the solid form; it's Na ions and Cl ions in the dissolved form. physical change
14. Burning newspaper is a physical change- F
I suppose the ACT of burning a newspaper is a physical change but burning a newspaper produces CO2 and water so it is a chemical change.
19. The liter is a measure of volume- T
20. The amount of heat and temperature of a substance are the same- F
21. Zero degrees is the freezing point of water on the Fahrenheit scale- F
23. Scientific laws can change- I was kind of stuck on this one because my text book says that "these laws can be reinterpreted" but the internet says they can't be so...F?
I suppose you could get into a heated argument on this. Certainly, if sufficient data presents itself, laws CAN be changed (reinterpreted is just a euphemism for "laws can be changed but we don't want to admit it" but many will argue that "theit law wasn't well founded so it really wasn't a valid law and we really aren't changing it." I think they can be changed in light of new and relevant data.
24. Mass is the measure of the earth's gravitational attraction- F
29. Rusting of iron is a chemical property- T
38. Scientists use the SI system of measure.- T
That's true, especially if we must; however, not all of us like all of them.
So #3 is T?
Thanks a lot!
Chemistry - Is the following a physical or chemical separations: salt water --&...
Physical Ed - 11. Disagreements are a normal part of life. (1 point) True False ...
Chemistry - Can someone please help me with these: 3. Dissolving salt in water ...
Math: Homework Questons (answer quick) - Can you check if the answer is correct...
7th grade health true or false - 11. Disagreements are a normal part of life. (1...
HEALTH HELP PLEASE!! - Fats help maintain your cell membranes. (1 point) True ...
Chemistry - Is dissolving salt in water an example of reversible? I don't ...
Chemistry - These are all true or false questions, and I think some of my ...
Chemistry: Answer check please! - 1. Reactions follow the law of conservation of...
health questions!! I really need help:( - I majorly need help. please someone ...
For Further Reading