3. Dissolving salt in water is a physical change- F
It was Na ions and Cl ions in the solid form; it's Na ions and Cl ions in the dissolved form. physical change
14. Burning newspaper is a physical change- F
I suppose the ACT of burning a newspaper is a physical change but burning a newspaper produces CO2 and water so it is a chemical change.
19. The liter is a measure of volume- T
20. The amount of heat and temperature of a substance are the same- F
21. Zero degrees is the freezing point of water on the Fahrenheit scale- F
23. Scientific laws can change- I was kind of stuck on this one because my text book says that "these laws can be reinterpreted" but the internet says they can't be so...F?
I suppose you could get into a heated argument on this. Certainly, if sufficient data presents itself, laws CAN be changed (reinterpreted is just a euphemism for "laws can be changed but we don't want to admit it" but many will argue that "theit law wasn't well founded so it really wasn't a valid law and we really aren't changing it." I think they can be changed in light of new and relevant data.
24. Mass is the measure of the earth's gravitational attraction- F
29. Rusting of iron is a chemical property- T
38. Scientists use the SI system of measure.- T
That's true, especially if we must; however, not all of us like all of them.
So #3 is T?
Thanks a lot!
math - 100 people set up a phone call system so that the initial contact person ...
English and grammar - i need someone to check my work but i cant just copy it ...
PERSON!!!!! - I have no money at all no credit card or checks or anything! So ...
Algebra - Hello, can someone help me solve and check the following 1) x - 8 = 20...
design - 1. What secondary personal choices work best for those with a primary ...
ENGLISH - I Need Someone to check my essay for me and give me some input please.
math - What is the basic principle that can be used to simplify a polynomial? ...
Algebra - Could someone check this for me please? The equation is 2/x+3 = 4/x+7...
Math - I need someone to check my answer, can someone please help me? Here is ...
Human Disease - I am really stuck and am in need of websites or someone to point...