Posted by Jacob on Monday, October 18, 2010 at 10:34pm.
1. Find the slope of the line through the pair of points.
(-1/3,0) and (-1/2,-1/2)
2. Write in standard form an equation of the line passing through the given point with the given slope.
- NEED HELP POSTED TWICE - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 18, 2010 at 10:37pm
You're more likely to get help if you post what you think are the answers.
- NEED HELP POSTED TWICE - Reiny, Monday, October 18, 2010 at 10:44pm
slope = difference in y values/difference in x values
= (-1/2 - 0)/(-1/2 + 1/3)
= (-1/2) / (-1/6)
= (1/2)(-6) = 3
2. y = (8/7) + b
sub in the given point
-3 = (8/7)(5) + b
multiply by 7
-21 = 40 + 7b
b = -61/7
y = (8/7)x - 61/7 or
(8/7)x - y = 61/7
better form would be
8x - 7y = 61
btw, none of your answers match with
(8/7)x - y = 61/7 which is the answer in the form of the other answers.
I would not consider any of the given answers to be in standard form
Most text books consider "standard" form to be in the form
ax + by = c, where a,b, and c are integers.
- NEED HELP POSTED TWICE - Reiny, Monday, October 18, 2010 at 10:46pm
My first line of #2 should have been
2. y = (8/7)x + b
- NEED HELP POSTED TWICE - Ted, Monday, October 18, 2010 at 10:47pm
yeah, i agree with reiny
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - i have more than one question so if u no any of the answers please tell ...
- Algebra 2 - 1. Find the slope of the line through the pair of points. (-1/3,0) ...
- Algebra - 1.Tell whether the sequence is arithmetic. If it is, what is the ...
- Pre- Algebra - Given an equation of a line, how do I find equations for lines ...
- Mathematics - Can someone check my answers? 1. For the data in the table, does y...
- Algebra - Can you check my awnser? 1. For the data in the table, dose y vary ...
- Algebra - Write an equation in standard form (slope-intecept form) of the line ...
- Math - Write your answer in standard form. Show all your work if you want to be ...
- algebra - Find the slope of any line perpendicular to the line through the ...
- pre-calculus - How do you write the standard form of the equation of the line ...