Posted by mysterychicken on Monday, October 18, 2010 at 6:42pm.
23. A comparison of Native American societies in North America reveals that
a. culture and language were the same everywhere
b. distinct cultures arose from differences in local climate and terrain
c. all were nomadic with little knowledge of agriculture
d. local environments had little impact on cultural development
I can't decide between A and B...
25. Without the Bessemer process, Americans might not have been able to create
a. train engines
b. sewing machines
c. the Morse code
d. the Brooklyn Bridge
26. According to the Great Compromise, the number of representatives in the Senate would be
a. the same number for every state
b. based on a state's population
c. two for large states, and one for small states
d. affected by the size of a state's enslaved population
27. During the early part of the war, Lincoln's main goal was to
a. reduce the power of the states
b. preserve the Union
c. stop the spread of slavery
d. free the slaves
- US History - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 18, 2010 at 6:53pm
I think you're getting tired.
23. A and B are direct opposites. Which is it?
- US History - mysterychicken, Monday, October 18, 2010 at 6:59pm
For #23 I'll go with B...
- US History - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 18, 2010 at 7:00pm
Right. Native Americans had many different customs and languages.
- US History - mysterychicken, Monday, October 18, 2010 at 7:04pm
I still don't know about #26 though. I don't understand that link you gave.
- US History - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 18, 2010 at 7:12pm
I'm sorry, I misread the question. I was thinking about the House of Representatives. The number of representatives for each state depends upon the population of the state.
You were right. Each state has the same number of senators -- 2 for each state.
Darn! My brain short-circuited again! <g>
- US History - mysterychicken, Monday, October 18, 2010 at 7:15pm
Haha that's what I was wondering, cuz' I was pretty sure about that one. Ah, well. Happens to the best of us. Thanks(:
- US History - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 18, 2010 at 7:19pm
- US History - Raśl, Monday, December 17, 2012 at 11:19pm
Which the bessemer process americans nigth not have Been Abel a Company to build
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- history - A comparison of Native American societies in North American reveals ...
- History - How did human history in North America during the period described in ...
- AED 200 - What are the fundamental differences between Western philosophies and ...
- culturally diverse - Young children's functional use of language within a work ...
- Q&A Check Please, geo 7th grade - Toronto reflects more of the British culture ...
- history - how the arrival of Europeans in north america affected native cultures
- cultural diversity - 1. Young children's functional use of language within a ...
- Social Studies - 1)How did the shift to farming impact native american cultures...
- Cultural Anthropology 101 - on marriage and divorce in current North American ...
- us history - 18. Which of the following is a notable influence of Native ...