Posted by mysterychicken on Monday, October 18, 2010 at 6:12pm.
14. The main argument in support of the Bill of Rights was that
a. they would help opponents of slavery gain the upper hand
b. without them the US would be a republic government
c. they would protect the people from a tyrannical government
d. without them the country would fall into anarchy
I couldn't decide between C and D, But I'm guessing C?
16. The interstate Commerce Act outlawed the railroads' practice of
a. charging equally for long and short hauls
b. giving special rates to powerful customers
c. favoring Stalwarts over Half-Breeds
d. bribing the Interstate Commerce Commission
17. Quakers believed that
a. the King of England was a god
b. non-Christians should be killed
c. all people were equal
d. the Church should be purified
18. Johnson freely gave
a. money to wealthy planters
b. white-owned land to African Americans
c. weapons to the Confederate army
d. pardons to southern officials
- US History - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 18, 2010 at 6:28pm
All your answers are right -- including C for the first one.
- US History - mysterychicken, Monday, October 18, 2010 at 6:38pm
Thanks so much Ms.Sue! I reallly realllyy appreciate you guys helping me out with these questions; means a lot to me. (:
- US History - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 18, 2010 at 6:44pm
You're very welcome, MC. We enjoy helping you. :-)
- US History - mysterychicken, Monday, October 18, 2010 at 6:49pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- US History - 14. The main argument in support of the Bill of Rights was that A. ...
- U.S.History - i need help with these first two. need the 3rd one checked. :) One...
- History - 16.)The defect of the Confederation is that the United States has no ...
- History - You do not need to gain approval for your role. Choose the one you ...
- Social Studies help - "How does the Bill of Rights reflect the principle of ...
- History - During the debate over Reconstruction, is it more likely the moderate ...
- History - Secession and War Quiz 1) The admission of Missouri as a slave state ...
- Discussing arguments in a paper - Hello, I'm currently writing my first academic...
- History - ***= my answers 5.) A principle that divides power among the executive...
- social studies - 1. The admission of Missouri as a slave state was controversial...