Posted by Allyson on Monday, October 18, 2010 at 2:43pm.
So I have to solve this problem
And then I wrote down:
but I don't know what to do from there, can someone explain to me please?
- Algebra, explain? - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 18, 2010 at 2:50pm
The next step is to combine like terms and get the knowns on one side and the unknowns on the other.
Subtract 6a from both sides of the equation.
9a - 6a = 6a - 6a + 24
3a = 24
Divide both sides by 3 to find the value of a.
3a/3 = 24/3
a = 8
- Algebra, explain? - Allyson, Monday, October 18, 2010 at 2:57pm
Okay, when I checked my answer, how come I got 72? when I put 8 As A into the equation.
- Algebra, explain? - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 18, 2010 at 3:03pm
That's what the original problem states: 72 = 72
9(8) = 6(8 + 4)
72 = 72
- Algebra, explain? - Allyson, Monday, October 18, 2010 at 3:03pm
So I could have two answers... ? 8 and 72?
- Algebra, explain? - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 18, 2010 at 3:07pm
You only need to find what a represents. As we found, in this problem a = 8.
You proved it by substituting 8 for a in the original problem.
Answer this Question
- math 012 please help explain - can someone please help explain how to do this ...
- Algebra - I have a math CRCT test today and I needed some help on a last minute ...
- Algebra II- please help! - I just cannot seem to be able to grasp the concept of...
- algebra - i do not understand how to solve for x and y can someone please ...
- Algebra - How would you solve this problem: Slove y=1/4-1 if the domain is(-4,-2...
- Algebra, explain how to please - Can someone explain to me how to solve -14=2/5(...
- pre algebra help - 9. how you would convert the repeating, non terminating ...
- Algebra - Can someone please help me with math problem and explain to me step by...
- Science - The problem I'm trying to answer is: Ann is driving down a street at ...
- algebra - Solve: 0.1p + 2.1 = 4.6p - 1.9 + 0.5p I am getting all confused on how...