Posted by Fernando on Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 9:10pm.
Write each complex number in rectangular form?
I need help with this. :/
2(cos120°+i sin 120°)
4(cos 7π/4 + i sin 7π/4)
- Math - Henry, Monday, October 18, 2010 at 9:30pm
2*cos120 + i2*sin120.
X = hor = 2*cos120 = -1.
Y = VER = 2*sin120 = 1.732.
tanA = Y/X = 1.732/-1 = -1.732,
A = -60 deg = 300 deg CCW.
R = X/cosA = = -1/cos300 = -2 = Resultant.
R = -2 @ -60 deg = -2 @ 300 deg CCW.
4*cos7pi/4 + i4*sin7pi/4,
7pi/4 = 7*180/4 = 315 deg.
X = hor = 4*cos315 = 2.83.
Y = ver = 4*sin315 = -2.83.
tanA = Y/X = -2.83/2.83 = -1.
A = -45 deg = 315 deg CCW.
R = X/cosA = 2.83/cos315 = 4.0 = Resultant.
R = 4.0 @ -45 deg = 4.0 @ 315 deg CCW = Resultant.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Evaluate *Note - We have to find the exact value of these. That I know to...
- Math integrals - What is the indefinite integral of ∫ [sin (π/x)]/ x^...
- Precalculus - Use one of the identities cos(t + 2πk) = cos t or sin(t + 2...
- Trig Help! - Question: Trying to find cos π/12, if cos π/6 = square ...
- Math, please help - Which of the following are trigonometric identities? (Can be...
- TRIGONOMETRY - Can you check my work, please? This is for a trig study guide for...
- product of function - Given: f(x)=2 cos x and g(x)=sin x. Which of these ...
- Math 2nd question - Express as a single sine or cosine function (note: this is ...
- Math help again - cos(3π/4+x) + sin (3π/4 -x) = 0 = cos(3π/4)cosx...
- Trig (math) - 1.) Write the complex number in trigonometric form r(cos theta + i...