Posted by april on Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 8:20pm.
At 16°C a sample of ammonia gas exerts a pressure of 11.7 atm. What is the pressure when the volume of the gas is reduced to one-fourth of the original value at the same temperature
so the inital Temp=16 C
initial Pressure. 11.7
chemistry - DrBob222, Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 9:32pm
You omitted some of the problem.
initial T = 16 C
p = 11.7 atm
final pressure = ??, the unknown.
final T = 16 (apparently doesn't change).
initial volume = ?
final volume = 1/4 the original volume.
What I usually do is to assume a value for V1 (a convenient number of 4), that makes the final volume 1 (1/4 of 4 = 1).
Then use P1V1 = P2V2 and solve for P2.
chemistry - april, Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 10:36pm
okay thank you
With your information I did
(11.7)( 4)= P2(1)
my final answer 46.8 atm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - At 36.4°C a sample of ammonia gas exerts a pressure of 8.3 atm. What...
- chem - At 36.4°C a sample of ammonia gas exerts a pressure of 6.8 atm. What is ...
- chemistry - 1)A sample of CO2 gas which weighs 0.85 grams has a volume of 1.30 ...
- physics - A sample of gas at P = 1123 Pa, V = 1.41 L, and T = 291 K is confined ...
- chemistry - Q: If the temperature is constant, what change in volume would cause...
- chemistry - 1) If the kelvin temperature of a gas sample in a steel tank ...
- chem - @ 46degress C a 1L sample of ammonia gas has a prssure of 5.3 atm. what ...
- Chemistry - A sample of argon gas has a volume of 735 mL at a pressure of 1.20 ...
- Chemistry - A sample of gas is confined to a cylinder housed with a movable ...
- chemistry - A 24L sample of a gas at fixed mass and constant temperature exerts ...