Posted by mysterychicken on Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 7:43pm.
Please help me with these: (I finally finished English 2, and am about to get halfway through this!)
4. Prohibitionists and purity crusaders shared the goal of
a. making charity "scientific"
b. redistributing the nation's wealth
c. ending immigration from Asia
d. improving the personal behavior of individuals
6. In the 1890s, immigration patterns shifted dramatically, with most immigrants now coming from
a. northern European countries
b. southern and Eastern European countries
c. Mexico and Central America
d. China and Japan
Can't decide between A and B...
12. Which best describes the main goal of the social gospel and settlement movements?
a. to improve living conditions for the poor
b. to strengthen political machines
c. to encourage immigration
d. to create jobs for the unemployed
13. Which of the following best describes key positions held by the Republican party in the Gilded Age?
a. free silver, high immigration, and low tariffs
b. gold standard, high tariffs, and limits on immigration
c. free silver and fewer blue laws
d. no government aid to railroads and no blue laws
- US History - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 7:53pm
6. Definitely B
13. Probably B
Check your text again for 13.
- US History - mysterychicken, Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 7:56pm
Thanks so much!
- US History - Ms. Sue, Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 8:02pm
You're very welcome, MC.
You might want to add your two cents to this post.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- U.S.History - Prohibitions and purity crusaders shared the goal of a. making ...
- English - 2) What credibility did you give initially to an article drawn from ...
- English - Posted by rfvv on Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 10:33pm. 1. Are you finished ...
- English - I forgot to include the following sentences. They are really urgent. 1...
- biology /check please - Is this true or false? 1. Ideas about the value of ...
- Thinking About What to Write About in an Essay - I'm writing an essay about ...
- english - English III – Unit 1: The Uses and Varieties of English PROJECT: ...
- Question (english related) - please read! - Progressing Gradually - The student...
- Math - Courtney organized a charity walk. In the first year, the walk generated...
- statistics - A study is discussed the purity of oxygen from a certain supplier. ...