Posted by Karen on Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 3:02pm.
Can you check these for me.
Directions: Find the slope of the line that passes through each pair of points.
1. (3,-8) and (-5,2)
2. (-10,-3) and (7,2)
3. (-7,-6) and (3,-6)
4. (8,2) and (8,-1)
Answer: 0 undefined
Directions: State whether the graphs of the following equations are parallel, perpendicular, or neither.
Math Problem: A pyramid of aluminum cans is built against a wall so that there are two cans in the top row, four cans in the second row, six cans in the third row , and so on. How many rows are there if the pyramid contains 1190 cans?
Answer: 595 rows
- Algebra/Math - Bosnian, Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 8:05pm
slope is tangens of angle betwen x-axis and line.
Firs 5 question is O.K
- Algebra/Math - Bosnian, Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 8:19pm
Sorry. Answer for question 5 is not correct.
2x+3y=4 , 3y=-2x+4 (Divided with 3)
y=(-2/3)x+4/3 Slope (-2/3)
3x+2y=6 , 2y=-3x+6 (Divided with 2)
- Algebra/Math - Bosnian, Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 8:30pm
(1/2)x+2y=1 , 2y=(-1/2)x+1
(Divided with 2) y=(-1/4)x+1/2
4x-y=3 , y=4x-3 (Slope 4)
- Algebra/Math - Bosnian, Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 8:35pm
6x-9y=4 , -9y=-6x*4 (Divided with -9)
y=(2/3)x-4/9 Slope (2/3)
(2/3)x-y=11 , y=(2/3)x-11 Slope (2/3)
- Algebra/Math - Bosnian, Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 8:44pm
Best way to check that is that you drive this lines in grid.Is enough 2 points for any lines.
For question 5 draw lines
(-2/3)x+4/3 and y=(-3/2)x+3
For question 6 draw lines
(-1/4)x+1/2 and y=4x-3
For question 7 draw lines
(2/3)x-4/9 and (2/3)x-11
- Algebra/Math - Bosnian, Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 8:50pm
For all values of x y=7
That is line parallel with x-axis
3x=5 (divided with 3)
For all values of y x=5/3
That is line p0arallel with y-axis
- Algebra/Math - De, Monday, September 12, 2011 at 11:22pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 1 help - Can someone tell me if my answers are right and explain how you...
- Math/Algebra do u know how to do slope intercept? - The following problems are ...
- Algebra - Can someone check my answers? 1. Write the equation of the line that ...
- Algebra - 1. What is the equation for the line that passes through the point (-5...
- Algebra 1- Please help whenever you get the chance - 2. What is the slope of the...
- math - i have more than one question so if u no any of the answers please tell ...
- Algebra - The pair of points (6,y) and (10,-1) lies on a line with slope 1/4. ...
- math - 1. What is the slope of the line that passes through the points (-2, 5) ...
- Algebra - Checking a few answers to some algebra problems: 1.Find the slope of ...
- Algebra - What is the slope of the line that passes through the pair of points (...