Posted by Rose on Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 9:03pm.
what is used to knead dough and to roll pastry ?
what is used to cook some less tender meats,to steam puddings and to asselerate the cooking time of foods?
what is used to sift flour before measuring?
what kind of knife is used to very finely slice or crumb foods?
what is used to cut shortning into flour for biscuts and pastries?
what is used to turn meat or fish when frying,to lift jars from hot-water bath when sterlizing during canning?
what is used to heat foods which scorch or burn or boil over easily, and to keep foods warm without drying out?
what is used to cook vegetables and fruits, and to make sauces which do not contain milk?
- Foods - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 9:05pm
What are your choices? What are your answers?
- Foods - Writeacher, Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 9:06pm
Let us know what you decide for each one.
- Foods - Rose, Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 9:26pm
I have no choices.
Answers I have:
- Foods - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 9:35pm
I don't think any of your answers are correct -- except 1 that is used for rolling pastry.
I suggest you go back and study your text materials or study the site that Writeacher posted.
For 6 and 7, I use tongs and a double boiler.
- Foods - Rose, Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 9:41pm
I am pretty sure #5 is a pasrty blender and #4 is a grater. Am I right?
I checked the site you gave me but I couldn't find anything- it was a bit difficult for me. Please help me I beg you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Foods - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 9:53pm
I agree with your answer for 4. I'd use a bread knife for 5.
Check this site for another answer.
- Foods - Rose, Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 10:13pm
I clicked the site and all it showed me was a picture. why? Can you please just list me the items I need, and not give me any sites. It will be very helpful.
- Foods - bobpursley, Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 10:17pm
a flat surface (floured) is used to knead bread, and roll pastry. I actually use a pastry cloth on my flat surface for both. http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=pastry+cloth&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=5162886702682250129&ei=oly6TObmH4SdlgejwY34DA&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CDQQ8wIwAg
- Foods - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 10:19pm
Rose -- the picture is labeled with its name!
BobPursley reminded me that a flat surface is needed to both knead dough and to roll pastry. Perhaps that question is looking for a pastry cloth.
You surely must have a book or notes or a website to find these answers.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. He used to take a walk in the park. 2. He used to swim in this ...
- dt food - what are : short pastry rough pastry suet pastry flaky pastry hot ...
- Pioneer Foods - I need some ideas! Describe in detail for at least 3 subject ...
- Foods - what cooking tool is used to make sauces which do not contain milk? I ...
- Health check? - Match the term with its definition. (Points : 12) Potential ...
- Foods - I think I have mostly all the answers to my questions though I don't ...
- BIOLGY - 1.Penut butter ,chiken and eggs are high in what nutrient? 2.What ...
- us history (please help!!) - 2.Which answer best describes the main benefit of ...
- English - 1. I am a good cook, amn't I? 2. I am a good cook, aren't I? 3. I am a...
- science - As a result of chemical or physical reactions when heating/cooking ...