Posted by timmy123 on Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 4:47pm.
Atom A- 6 protons, 6 electrons, 7 neutrons
Atom D- 6 protons, 6 electrons, 8 neutrons
Atom X- 7 protons, 7 electrons, 8 neutrons
Atom Z- 8 protons, 8 electrons, 9 neutrons
Which two atoms are isotopes of the same element?
a. A and D
b. A and Z
c. X and D
d. X and Z
How am I supposed to figure this out?
Chemistry - Moises, Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 4:51pm
An isotope has the same number of protons as the original element, but different number of neutrons.
I think the answer is A because atomA and atomD have the same number of protons and a different number of neutrons.
Chemistry - DrBob222, Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 5:36pm
Moises is correct. The answer is a. A and D are isotopes.
Chemistry - timmy123, Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 6:28pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry question! - Please help! What do both an atom and an ion of the ...
- chemistry - name the elementwhich has the following numbers of particles: a.26 ...
- Science - Hi i have a science exam on tuesday and really need some help to see ...
- Science - 1. Which statement about subatomic particles is NOT true? (1 point) ...
- Biology HELP! - 1. Which of the following correctly identifies the composition ...
- chemistry - The weight of an atom is made up of what? protons and electrons ...
- Science - Atom building game board has 17 protons, 18 neutrons, and 18 electrons...
- chemistry - how do you determine if the atom is a neutral atom or an ion and if ...
- chemistry - 1.what is meant by atomic number of an element? 2.the mass number of...
- Chemistry - How many protons, neutrons, and electrons are in a flourin-19 atom? ...