Posted by Susie on Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 4:11pm.
I'm struggling with answering this question and I would appreciate any help one could offer. I'm needing to answer the following question in paragraph form:
Which one of these two philosophies do you think the Supreme Court should follow: judicial activism or judicial restraint?
U.S. Government - Writeacher, Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 4:31pm
The question is WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Read Section 2 carefully. Make sure you understand what the Supreme Court of the US was created to do.
Then read about judicial activism and judicial restraint and see what you think.
Let us know what you decide.
U.S. Government - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 4:32pm
I support judicial activism because the Constitution was never meant to cover all situations, especially those 200 years later. Think of Roe v. Wade and Brown v. Board of Education. Here are other landmark decisions.
U.S. Government - Susie, Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 4:45pm
Thank you for your help. I just wasn't sure which direction I really wanted to go. I needed some opinions to just need me in a direction.
U.S. Government - Nancy, Saturday, October 23, 2010 at 3:29pm
1st Amendment help.
How can one argue persuasively that the status quo of Defamation (i.e., New York V. Sullivan) should be changed.
Any help or direction one could give, would be appreciated.
U.S. Government - Dorothy, Thursday, July 21, 2011 at 1:08am
The second most powerful court in the US is the ?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- U.S. Government - I need help answering the following in paragraph form. Which ...
- please check history - Two powers of Congress. 1. declare war 2. pass laws Two ...
- Instructions - The teacher gave us a mini essay that has 16 questions under each...
- Amercian Government - 5. Which of the following actions best describes judicial ...
- Government - What is one specific example of why a person would be summoned to ...
- U.S. Government and Politics - My question :) What level of government do you ...
- English - Which of the following is a good test-taking strategy when answering ...
- American Government - I really need help on this journal activity. In this ...
- English - 1. This is the Supreme Court of the USA. 2. These are the Supreme ...
- History - 1. Why do some argue that the Supreme Court "legislates from the bench...