Posted by Rishabh on Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 10:43am.
The following is the Trial Balance of a trader as at 31st December, 2001:
Debit Balances Rs. Credit Balances Rs.
Freight and carriage
Rate, Rent etc.
Salaries and wages
Printing and advertisement
Cash at Bank
Furniture and fittings
Postage and telegrams
Cash in hand
Deposit with Pran
Drawing Account 46,800
Neeru’s capital account
Bank loan at 6%
Income from investments
(i) Stock at the end was Rs. 78,600
(ii) Included amongst the debtors is Rs. 3,000 due from Zeenat and included amongst the creditors is Rs. 1,000 due to her.
(iii) The effect of advertising not yet expired, a quarter of the amount ‘Printing and Advertising’ is to be carried forward to the next year.
(iv) Reserve 2 per cent for discount on Debtors and create a bad debts reserve at 5 percent.
(v) A depreciation of 10% p.a. is to be written off Furniture and fittings.
(vi) Wages owing on 31st December, 2001 is Rs. 300, salaries owing Rs. 500 and carriage owing Rs. 100.
(vii) Prepaid insurance is Rs. 80.
(viii) Furniture which stood at Rs. 600 in books Ist January, 2001 was disposed of at Rs. 290 on June, in part exchange for new furniture costing Rs. 520. A net invoice at Rs. 230 was passed through the purchase-day book.
(ix) Purchase Invoice amounting to Rs. 400 had been omitted from the books.
(x) A Neon-sign costing Rs. 100 is included in Advertising.
(xi) Two dishonored cheques for Rs. 200 and Rs. 300 respectively has not been entered in the cast book. The first for Rs. 200 is known to be bad. In the case of a second cheque for Rs. 300, it is expected that 75% of it would be realized.
(xii) Private purchase amounting to Rs. 600 had been included in the Purchase Day Book.
(xiii) Charge full year’s interest on Deposit with Pran at 7% p.a.
(xiv) Provide for interest on Bank loan for the amount due.
Prepare Final Accounts
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Account - Ques.: The following is the Trial Balance of a trader as at 31st ...
- Business - The following Trial Balance was taken from the ledger of F. Jackline...
- accounting - Accrued salaries 1 Bill’s Company Partial Worksheet For the Year ...
- accounting - Linking debit or credit with normal balance C5 Indicate whether a ...
- Math - From the ff. account balances picked up from the ledger of Morgan ...
- finance - can someone correct these for me when you have a few minutes i'll ...
- Accounting - Please double check me. Indicate whether a debit or credit ...
- Accounting - Please check me - Indicate whether a debit or credit decreases the ...
- accounting - Is there a method of determining if you debit or credit an account...
- accounting - P4-2A Gil Vogel started his own consulting firm, Vogel Consulting, ...