Posted by austin on Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 4:53am.
If a taxpayer has AGI of $35,000, how much of the following expense can he apply towards his itemized deductions?
Medical Expenses $3,500
Tax Preparation Fees $500
Unreimbursed Employee Expenses $2,000
Charitable Contributions $1,000
For example, what is the limitation on medical expenses? What is the limitation on tax prep fees and unreimbursed employee expenses? Is there a limitation on charitable contributions?
Acc/ Federal Taxation - austin, Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 4:57am
I need help with the above problem before 12AM tonight. Thank you .
Acc/ Federal Taxation - MattsRiceBowl, Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 6:11am
I don't have an answer for you. I no longer live in the US. I might suggest googling the terms limitation on medical expenses and income tax.
I hope that helps. Wish I could help more.
Acc/ Federal Taxation - drwls, Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 6:44am
Start with Schedule A, which you will find (for 2009) at
The "Form 1040 line 38" often referred to in Schedule A is the Adjusted gross income (AGI).
You should find most of your answers there.
Even though various of these expenses, taxes and contributions may be deductible after going through the numbers, it is often found that a larger deduction will apply is the standard deduction is taken. This has the effect of making the itemized deductions irrelevant (essentially, zero) for many, if not most, people.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Acc/ Federal Taxation - If a taxpayer has AGI of $35,000, how much of the ...
- Acct/ Fwederal Taxation - Itemized Deductions: During 2009 Sam had incurs the ...
- ACC 233-INCOME TAX - Tax Rates, latesha, a single taxpayer, had the following ...
- Income Tax - Accounting. Help Me Please. - Tax Rates, latesha, a single taxpayer...
- tax - Which of the following itemized deductions is not allowed for AMT? A. ...
- Income tax - Steve and Sue are married with three dependent children. Their 2015...
- Acc/Federal Taxxtion - During the current year, Deborah Baronne, a single ...
- tax problem - Can someone please help me with the following question. I really ...
- Accounting - Tax - Bob (age 40) and Susan (age 39) Cowen are married. Susan ...
- Accounting - Physicians practicing in Eastern University’s hospital have the ...