Posted by studentmom on Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 5:46pm.
Discuss an instance of a difference in "shared" values you noted from this week's readings. Do instances of differences in "shared" values play a part in your extended family's life?
The Readings Are:
Read the following chapters, stories, and poems in the text, Literature, Reading Fiction, Poetry, and Drama.
Chapter One: Reading Stories
Chapter Three: Elements of Fiction
Read the essays on elements of fiction, and then read the following stories to exemplify those elements"some stories are used for more than one element.
Plot and Structure Flannery O'Connor "Good Country People," p.188
Character Toni Cade Bambara "The Lesson," p.427
Setting Bobbie Ann Mason "Shiloh," p.67
Point of View William Faulkner "A Rose for Emily," p.79
Language and Style Kate Chopin "The Story of an Hour," p.38
Theme Franz Kafka "Metamorphosis," p.611
Irony and Symbol Franz Kafka "Metamorphosis," p.611
Chapter Thirty-two: Writing with Sources
Pay particular attention to the student papers and how other works are used as a stimulus for an essay.
Chapter Thirty-three: Critical Theory: Approaches to the Analysis and Interpretation of Literature
Theme for week two--The Individual and Community Thematic readings for week two include the following works that may be assigned in different parts of the course (reading each more than once is a great idea):
Toni Cade Bambara "The Lesson," p.427
William Faulkner "A Rose for Emily," p.79
John Updike "A&P," p.32
Gwendolyn Brooks "We Real Cool," p.1079
Woody Guthrie "This Land is Your Land," p. 897
Yehuda Amichai "A Pity. We Were Such a Good Invention," p. 1045
- English Lit - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 5:47pm
Please do not post your assignments without telling us specifically how you'd like us to help you.
- English Lit - studentmom, Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 9:47am
I would like someone to help me out with this assignment and answer the questions asked. These poems and readings all seem like greek to me. Please help...this is due today and I have no clue.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Statistics - In a sophisticated medicine research center, two scales are used ...
- Living a Healthy Life - What are the three methods by which HIV and AIDS are ...
- sociology - i'm learning about norms and values. (norms=shared rules of conduct ...
- World History (I Changed My Answer) - 2. Quotes lines in Rudyard Kipling's poem ...
- human resources - What is shared vision? And why is an shared vision important ...
- literature - Reflecting on this weeks literary readings, as well as your own ...
- poetry - After completing the required readings for this week, discuss how you ...
- eng 125 - Reflecting on this weeks literary readings, as well as your own ...
- physics - If you stand on a pair of bathroom scales, explain how the readings ...
- eng/lit - In the short story "how far she went" by mary hood, what does the ...