Posted by mysterychicken on Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 1:31pm.
7. Which of the following was an advantage the North had over the South?
a. more experienced generals
b. military support from Britain
c. more money to spend on war
d. full support of all its citizens
8. In their Reconstruction, policies, both President Lincoln and President Johnson insisted upon
a. sworn statements of allegiance from a majority of citizens
b. immediate elections in all Southern states
c. Southern approval of the Thirteenth Amendment
d. a fair redistribution of land
Can't decide between A and B...
16. The main goal of the Ku Klux Klan during Reconstruction was to
a. prevent African Americans from exercising their rights
b. gain control of state legislatures
c. restore the Confederacy
d. improve conditions for poor whites.
- Jiskha - mysterychicken, Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 1:37pm
---Also, I was wondering, who runs the Jiskha facebook fan page?
- US History - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 1:48pm
7 and 16 are right.
I don't know about 8. One source says that a state was readmitted to the Union when 10% signed loyalty oaths. There were not immediate elections; three states were not admitted back into the Union until after 1868. Please check your book again.
- US History - bobpursley, Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 1:50pm
I have to say, it is a secret. But I am sickened by those scam artists at ETN posting advertisements. I hope the misspellings on their web page is enough notice to students that they are not to be trusted (How can a person misspell their own University name?)
Otherwise, I wish kids would stop posting questions there, they are not going to be answered there.
These days, if one is going to have a wall for notes, you get all kinds.
Thanks for asking.
- US History - mysterychicken, Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 1:54pm
Ohh I see. Thanks for letting me know(:
- US History - drwls, Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 4:49pm
Re: << (How can a person misspell their own University name?) >>
At Cal State Humboldt in northern California, many students spell it Humbolt, includng (for the first few years) my son who went there. He later corrected it for his grad school applications elsewhere.
Both spellings are common.
- US History - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 4:56pm
I doubt if HORWARD is a common misspelling.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- U.S.History - Which of the following was an advantage the North had over the ...
- U.S.History - for my question: which were advantags the South had in the Civil ...
- U.S.History - please check if i have a good answer for this question. add if ...
- georgia state history - Which of the following was an advantage of the south at ...
- LA - How did the Civil War affect the Northern and Southern economies? A;The ...
- history - Rank the top five factors you think contributed to the outcome of the ...
- History - What major advantage did the colonists have over the British during ...
- DBQ Essay (plzz read!) - here is my DBQ essay so far BUT it's NOT done tho. ...
- Social Studies - 1. In the civil War, for the first time, thousands of Women ...
- U.S. History 1865 - Here is the questions that I had to answer: What social, ...