Posted by Franco on .
Can you please check if everything is OK? Thank you.
1)At the time of the signing the US consisted of 13 colonies under the rule of England’s King George III. There was growing unrest concerning the taxes which had to be paid to England.
2) This was commonly referred to as “Taxation without Representation” as the colonist did not have any representation in the English Parliament.
3) As the unrest grew in the colonies, King George sent extra troops to help control any rebellion.
4) By June 1776 a committee headed by Thomas Jefferson, was formed to compose a formal declaration of independence.
5) Although the signing of the Declaration was not completed until August, the 4th July has been accepted as the official anniversary of United States independence.
6)Other worth mentioning national days include Flag Day which is celebrated on June 14 and dates back to 1777. The thirteen stripes on the American flag represent the original thirteen colonies.
7)Now there are fifty states and they are represented by the fifty stars on the flag.
8) The red of the flag is for valour, zeal and fervency whereas the white is for hope, purity, cleanliness of life, and rectitude of conduct.
9) The blue colour, the colour of heaven,stands for reverence to God, loyalty, sincerity, justice and truth.
5. the 4th of July OR July 4th