Posted by mysterychicken on Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 12:00pm.
Which hero's story, King Arthur's or Sundiata's, has the more relevant message for young people today? Compose an essay that answers this question, giving at least two examples from the selections and applying them to issues young people face today.
I still need help with this; I know their heroic qualities could be a good message for young people today but I don't understand how I'm supposed to write an essay on just that.. I need to have this done by tonight, so please help me by giving further details. (I've read both stories twice already)
English 2 - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 12:19pm
I don't know which stories you've read about these mythological men. Aren't they portrayed as courageous, wise, and concerned about the welfare of others?
Problems of young people today:
Drug and alcohol experimentation
Pressures to succeed in school
Finding their own identities
Apathy toward government
I'm sure you can think of more.
I suggest you take one or more heroic qualities of one of these characters. Show how young people could use it (them) to face two or three problems.
English 2 - mysterychicken, Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 12:26pm
That helps a lot. Thanks so much!
English 2 - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 12:26pm
You're welcome. Enjoy writing your paper.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English 2 - Which hero's story, King Arthur's or Sundiata's, has the more ...
- english - which story, king arthur's or sundiata's, has more relevant message ...
- English Lit - I'm supposed to decide which is more relevant, message wise, to ...
- King Artur reposted with my answer - Why has the story of King Arthur endured ...
- King Arthur - Why has the story of King Arthur endured for as long as it has? ...
- English - Is it B? What is the main idea of the story of Morte d’Arthur by Sir ...
- english - which of the stories, king Arthur or Sundiata (sogolon Djata) ...
- English - I am given this topic to write an essay on..."Do we overprotect our ...
- Enghlish - What is the main idea of the story of Morte d’Arthur by Sir Thomas ...
- English 1 - A common theme for each of these selections is? (A Cub Pilot, Barrio...