Posted by Michelle on Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 9:42am.
Could you check these two problems?
3sqrt (y+2) = 3 is y = 25
Answers were: true or false
I said true because I did it like this
Square both sides=y + 2 = 3^3
y+2 = 27
y = 25
and sqrt (2y-6) = 3-y for y
I said 3 because I did it like this:
8y -15 + y^2 = 0
y^2 + 8y -15 =0
(y-5) (y+3) = 0
Y = 3,5 but five doesn't work only 3
Can you please check-I didn't put all the steps for the second one-it was too long
Please check-Reiny - Reiny, Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 9:54am
you forgot about the 3 in front of 3√(y+2) when you squared
9(y+2) = 9
y+2 = 1
y = -1
LS = 3√(-1+2) = 3√1 = 3
RS = 3
so y = -1
for the second watch your simplifation, my final quadratic was
y^2 - 8y + 15 = 0
(y-3)(y-5) = 0
y = 3 or y = 5
You should have had y = -3
you are right in the conclusion, only x = 3 verifies.
Thank you Reiny - Michelle, Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 10:00am
Thanks I think I somewhat get it-Thanks again for the explanations
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Please check my answers - Patient motion may create artifact that looks like an ...
- Health Check answers plz - Can someone check my answers? 1. Obesity is the ...
- Science - Hi. Could you Please check my answers? I just want to make sure they ...
- SAT math - Can someone please double check my true and false answers! 1. All ...
- Health Truth or False PLEASE CHECK ANSWERS - $$ = MY ANSWER Just as a person ...
- chemistry - In the chemical plating experiment zinc powder is dissolved in a ...
- Check answers science - Patient motion may create artifact that looks like an ...
- Chemistry: Answer check please! - 1. Reactions follow the law of conservation of...
- Fitness (Check answers) - 1) Sitting in class wearing ear buds during a lecture ...
- Math(Please check) - Find f X g , g X f , and f X f f(x) = 3sqrt x-1 g(x) = x^3...