Posted by Franco on .
I forgot to include these other sentences. Are the alternatives possible? Thank you very much.
1) Machinery was mainly driven (powered?) by water.
2) The new inventions in cloth-making took place because the was a rise in population and consequently an increase in the demand for clothes.
3)The steam engine was developed because more power was needed to drive (the) machinery.
4) The Factory Acts forbade the employment of children under eleven.
5) I was angry with her for taking my shirt. (because she had taken my shirt?)
6) My teacher was worried with me about my (?) being late (because I was late)
7) She was agry with me yesterday because I had forgotten to phone her the day before. (for not phoning her the day before?)
8) I'm worried about my little brother because he's not back from school yet (or he hasn't come back from school yet)
9) I'm bored with getting up early.
I'm bored with him(?), with my present job.
2. there was a rise ...
The rest is fine, with a spelling correction (angry) in 7.