Posted by Paul on Monday, October 11, 2010 at 11:49pm.
How can i explain the key features of the periodic table relate to the conclusions after a titration experiment
The experiment was the preperation of a standard solution of sodium carbonate and titration for the equation between hydrchloric acid and sodium carbonate
Objective : To prepare a standard solution of sodium carbonate and use it to standardize a given solution of dilute hydrochloric
Introduction : Anhydrous sodium carbonate is a suitable chemical for preparing a standard solution (as a primary standard). The
molarity of the given hydrochloric acid can be found by titrating it against the standard sodium carbonate solution
The equation for the complete neutralization of sodium carbonate with dilute hydrochloric acid is
Na2CO3(aq) + 2HCl(aq) → 2NaCl(aq) + CO2(g) + H2O(l)
The end-point is marked by using methyl orange as indicator.
Chemicals : solid sodium carbonate, 0.1 M hydrochloric acid
Procedure : 1. Weight out about 1.3 g of anhydrous sodium carbonate accurately using the method of “weighing by
2. Transfer the weighed carbonate to a beaker and add about 100 cm3 of distilled water to dissolve it completely.
3. After dissolving, transfer the solution to a 250.00 cm3 volumetric flask. Rinse the beaker thoroughly and
transfer all the washes into the volumetric flask. Remember not to overshoot the graduation mark of the flask.
4. Make up the solution to the mark on the neck by adding water.
5. Pipette 25.00 cm3 of sodium carbonate solution to a clean conical flask.
6. Add 2 drops of methyl orange indicator to the carbonate solution.
7. Titrate the carbonate solution with the given dilute hydrochloric acid until the colour of solution just changes
from yellow to orange.
Answer this Question
- Chemistry - Preperation of a standard solution of sodium carbonate and titration...
- Chemistry - How can i explain the key features of the periodic table relate to ...
- CHM 300 - Experiment: Redox titration;determination of ascorbic acid by an ...
- anaytical chemistry - experiment: potentiomeric titration 1. Why is continuos ...
- chemistry - a sodium hydroxide solution was prepared according to the procedure ...
- Chemistry - Experiment on Titration of Acids and Bases Suppose some deionized ...
- chemistry - have my results from a simple titration experiment (sodium carbonate...
- Science - I have my results from a simple titration experiment (sodium carbonate...
- Chemistry - Help needed for writing up a balance chemical equation for an acid/...
- chemistry - A solution of sodium hydroxide is standard- ized against potassium ...