Posted by Carrie on Monday, October 11, 2010 at 9:28pm.
if land suitable for growing corn is also suitable for growing soybeans, the discovery that soybean oil prevents cancer will
A.have no effect on the cost of growing corn
B.reduce the cost of growing corn
C.raise the cost of growing corn
D.decrease the demand for corn
is the answer B
- economics - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 11, 2010 at 9:33pm
Your problem implies that this land is much more valuable being used for soybeans than for corn.
- economics - Brittany, Monday, October 11, 2010 at 9:34pm
so its a, it has no effect?
- economics - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 11, 2010 at 9:42pm
Suppose a farmer leases 120 acres for growing corn. The owner of the land finds that he could get 10 times the amount of rent by leasing the land to a company to grow soybeans. He's going to charge the corn-growing farmer much more than before.
- economics - Brittany, Monday, October 11, 2010 at 9:47pm
oh okay that makes it a lot clearer to me and that means it would decrease the demand for corn
- economics - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 11, 2010 at 9:55pm
With much higher corn prices, the demand would decrease.
Wouldn't this scenario raise the cost of growing corn?
- economics - Brittany, Monday, October 11, 2010 at 10:02pm
i don't think it would
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra 2 - A farmer wants to raise corn and soybean on a 2010 acre of crop land...
- microeconomics - Suppose that two people, Mary and John each live alone in an ...
- English - 1. The next few years, you are growing in and out. 2. During the next ...
- Economics - Suppose the government has imposed a price floor on the market for ...
- English - 1. It is pain from growing quickly as a teenager. 2. It is pain from ...
- math - a man uses 1/3 of his land for growing mangoes,!/4 for bananas ,3/8 for ...
- science linear prog - A small farm in Illinois has 110 acres of land available ...
- calculus - A growing boy who is 4 feet tall stands 8 feet from a 12 foot lamp ...
- Math - A farmer uses 11/18 of his field for growing rice and 3/7 of the ...
- Genetics- Biology - You have two parents (1)fast-growing vines with weak stalks...