Posted by Amy on Monday, October 11, 2010 at 12:35am.
x = 2 , 4 , 6 , 8
y = 18, 34, 50, 66
This is supposed to be a table where the x lines up with the y in order
How would I find the equation to solve this when x = 20?
x goes up by +2
y goes up by +16 but starts with 18
MATH PLEASE HELP - drwls, Monday, October 11, 2010 at 1:54am
The relationship is
y = 2 + 8 x
if x = 18, y = 146
MATH PLEASE HELP - Amy, Monday, October 11, 2010 at 9:00am
Also, how did you come up with the equation?
Where did the 8 and 2 come from?
MATH PLEASE HELP - Amy, Monday, October 11, 2010 at 9:29am
I understand now
MATH PLEASE HELP - drwls, Monday, October 11, 2010 at 9:34am
8 was the obvious slope.
I picked the constant term 2 so that any one of the (x,y) combinations would match.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - x = 2 , 4 , 6 , 8 y = 18, 34, 50, 66 This is supposed to be a table where...
- Geometry - Solve for x 5/3 / 4/3 = x / 20/9 x= 25/9 =2.77777.... 5/4 = x/3 x= 15...
- Geometry - Solve for x x/6 = x+1 / 9 x= 2 Tell whether the lines are parallel ...
- Math - /-8/+/5/ Simplify??? the lines are supposed to go straight but ya i cant ...
- calculus - how would you find the median of a pdf picture it basically is a ...
- algebra - HOw do I make a table of values for y equals 3/2? Am I supposed to ...
- English - 1. May I take your order? 2. Would you like to order now? 3. Will you ...
- algebra - solve the system by graphing x+y=4 y=2x+1 I think these are the kind ...
- Math help Please - Kevin has a triangle table cloth with side lengths of 5 ...
- math - Find the slope of the lines that are (a) parallel lines (b) perpendicular...