Posted by Rayana on Sunday, October 10, 2010 at 6:48pm.
Expt #1- Molecular Weight of Unknown Acid
Unknown Acid: #2
Mass of Unknown solid acid transferred:0.414g
Volume of volumetric flask: 100.00 mL
Concentration of NaOH: 0.0989 M
Aliqot of acid titrated with NaOH: 25.00 mL
Average volume of Naoh from titration: 13.9 mL
Here's where I need help:
No of moles NaOH used: ? mol
--This is wat i did:
Molar ratio of base to acid?
. Diprotic acid. so 2:1
The unknown acid is mono, di, triprotic acid:? Diprotic
The titration reaction was:?
. H2A + 2NaOH --> 2H2O +Na2H
. where A is the unknown acid compound
No. of moles acid in 25 mL solution:?
. HELP >.<' I don't understand the
. question :P But here is wat i think
. of it. (0.414g)x(25mL/100ml)
. =0.1035 g of acid used in
. the titration.
Gram-Molecular acid in 25mL solution?
HELPPPP ! ! ! ! :( :(
ANY AMOUNT OF HELP WILL BE GRATEFUL! PLZ N THANK YOU :D
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Sunday, October 10, 2010 at 9:07pm
See your post above.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - I there, this is my lab worksheet, I am having trouble filling it ...
- Chemistry - Unknown Acid: #2 Mass of Unknown solid acid transferred:0.414g ...
- Chemistry - Find the Molecular weight of unknown acid #5... Mass of acid #5 = 1....
- Chemistry, pH, Buffers - Please help!! Given this data: mass of unknown acid 1....
- Chemistry, Buffers, pH - Hi could someone please help me in the next 5 minutes ...
- chemistry - Three samples of an unknown acid are titrated with 0.4901 M NaOH. ...
- chemistry - You weigh a sample of a monoprotic unknown acid and dissolve it in ...
- College Chemistry - You weigh a sample of a monoprotic unknown acid and dissolve...
- Chemistry - Include an explanation, balanced chemical equation, units, ...
- Chemistry lab - A 1.340gram sample of an unknown acid, H3A, was placed in a 250...