Posted by mysterychicken on Saturday, October 9, 2010 at 4:35pm.
Haha, k, so this is what I got for my "wisdom" poem..I know it's lame, but it's the best I can do. Think it'll do?
Treat others the way you would want to be treated
And make sure to be pleasant and kind
Follow the golden rule and youíll not be defeated
Be sure to keep this in mind!
If you wouldnít want someone being mean to you
Then be sure to treat them the same
Doesnít matter if itís one person, or even two
Hurting feelings isnít a game!
- Wisdom Poem - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 9, 2010 at 4:39pm
You might add a third verse emphasizing the positive aspects of the Golden Rule.
Your allusion to the "game" is good.
- Wisdom Poem - mysterychicken, Saturday, October 9, 2010 at 4:41pm
:D Thanks; I'll do that.
- Wisdom Poem - bobpursley, Saturday, October 9, 2010 at 4:43pm
were you supposed to use imagery?
- Wisdom Poem - mysterychicken, Saturday, October 9, 2010 at 4:44pm
Yeah...I don't know how to include imagery in this though..
- Wisdom Poem - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 9, 2010 at 5:08pm
This site has a lot of ideas about poetic imagery.
Perhaps the game metaphor isn't the best idea. because they're competitive, most games don't invoke the Golden Rule. You might consider using this rule to solve conflicts between family members or between ethnic groups. What would happen if Israel and Palestine followed this rule?
- Wisdom Poem - mysterychicken, Saturday, October 9, 2010 at 5:19pm
Got it; Thanks
- Wisdom Poem - Ms. Sue, Saturday, October 9, 2010 at 5:37pm
You're welcome. :-)
- Wisdom Poem - bobpursley, Saturday, October 9, 2010 at 6:14pm
I saw in the dark shadows
of the road
A lame dog, struggling the way home.
I wish I could understand the person who beat dog, for what reason...
Damage so easily done, but lasting long. Is this what Kings do to hold the throne?
Or is it what despots do on the way to Hell?
Only God can tell.
Imagery, a powerful thing.
Answer this Question
- English 2 - Need help with this-- 'Now you're going to write a "wisdom" poem. ...
- Poem of wisdom - hey, I was wondering if you could lend me some help with the ...
- Creative Writing - What is wisdom? Is it in the stories that Grandfather told me...
- English - I have to write a wisdom poem for my assignment. It has to be about ...
- English IV - The effect urban life has on the woman in the poem "Preludes" by T....
- French I - What would be the proper way to say "I got my wisdom teeth out" I ...
- Creative Writing - Here is my intro (that bobpursley checked yesterday), and my ...
- english - Which of the following statements BEST explains why "I Am Offering ...
- english.poem.i am offering this poem - which of the following statements BEST ...
- Wisdom poetry - I have to brainstorm a list of themes for wisdom poems, but I am...