Posted by mysterychicken on Friday, October 8, 2010 at 7:22pm.
2. The overall message of "To Every Thing There Is A Season" is
a. every human emotion and activity has an appropriate time in life
b. life is a meaningless cycle of pleasure and pain
c. humans have been given power over nature, and they should use it wisely
d. there is no purpose and order in life, and we should not look for one.
Can't decide between A and C
3. Which of the following is not characteristic of the surahs in the Quran?
a. They are lyrical passages
b. They are written in rhymed Arabic verse
c. They emphasize the mercy of Allah
d. They emphasize the richness of life on earth
D: I feel pretty dumb asking this, haha, but I think it's D?
5. Which of the following statements about Saadi's sayings is not true?
a. they offer practical advice
b. they use simple language
c. they were composed in a time of chaos
d. they were written for other mystics
English 2 - Ms. Sue, Friday, October 8, 2010 at 7:30pm
1. Definitely A. This verse was used at my mother's memorial service. The message was that at age 91, it was the season for her to die.
2. I'm not very familiar with the Quran, but you're probably right.
3. I think you're right.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - The overall message of "To Every Thing There Is a Season" is a. every ...
- english - for my comparison essay i have finish the conclusion paragraph. can ...
- HUM/205 - Select one artwork that expresses a human experience you have ...
- ART - Select one artwork that expresses a human experience you have encountered ...
- English - When a heart brakes, some time it makes the people a negative person, ...
- Literature - In The Call of the Wild, when London writes about "what a puppet ...
- liteature - In The Call of the Wild, when London writes about "what a puppet ...
- life science - i have to write a essay on the human reverse life cycle. i know i...
- More Life cycles - What are some animals that have similar life cycle as human? ...
- english - for my comparason essay. now that i have finished every paragraph ...