posted by mysterychicken on .
2. The overall message of "To Every Thing There Is A Season" is
a. every human emotion and activity has an appropriate time in life
b. life is a meaningless cycle of pleasure and pain
c. humans have been given power over nature, and they should use it wisely
d. there is no purpose and order in life, and we should not look for one.
Can't decide between A and C
3. Which of the following is not characteristic of the surahs in the Quran?
a. They are lyrical passages
b. They are written in rhymed Arabic verse
c. They emphasize the mercy of Allah
d. They emphasize the richness of life on earth
D: I feel pretty dumb asking this, haha, but I think it's D?
5. Which of the following statements about Saadi's sayings is not true?
a. they offer practical advice
b. they use simple language
c. they were composed in a time of chaos
d. they were written for other mystics
1. Definitely A. This verse was used at my mother's memorial service. The message was that at age 91, it was the season for her to die.
2. I'm not very familiar with the Quran, but you're probably right.
3. I think you're right.