Posted by mysterychicken on Friday, October 8, 2010 at 7:09pm.
Need help with this--
'Now you're going to write a "wisdom" poem. Your poem can contain any kind of wisdom that inspires you-- it could even be humorous. Remember that poetry is communication through imagery, so even if the bit of wisdom you've chosen as your base is familiar to people, the way you write about it can be fresh. Brainstorm a list of wisdom themes you might like to explore in poetry. Your list should include at least five ideas.'
I have NO idea how to get five ideas on wisdom topics for poetry...I realllly need help with this!
- English 2 - Ms. Sue, Friday, October 8, 2010 at 7:15pm
You get ideas for wisdom by thinking about what you think is wise or defines wisdom.
This Wikipedia article will give you some ideas.
- English 2 - bobpursley, Friday, October 8, 2010 at 7:18pm
Here is my favorite wisdom poem, full of imagery.
- English 2 - mysterychicken, Friday, October 8, 2010 at 7:23pm
I mean, my textbook offers plenty of wisdom poems, especially from the Bible, but I can't think of a topic that I can write about :/
- English 2 - Ms. Sue, Friday, October 8, 2010 at 7:25pm
MC -- you have to search your mind and experiences to find out what YOU consider wisdom.
- English 2 - bobpursley, Friday, October 8, 2010 at 7:32pm
I am trying to show you there are many forms of wisdom, here is some spiritual wisdom
So think, as Ms Sue suggests, of some wise things to do in life, and how to live life. Here is humorous example:
Notice in all of these wisdom scripts, the use of imagary. Think on your own life: what is wise?
- English 2 - Ms. Sue, Friday, October 8, 2010 at 8:28pm
Some of my favorite bits of wisdom:
The Golden Rule
Never argue with a fool. Bystanders won't be able to tell which is the fool.
The Serenity Prayer:
"God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference. "
- English 2 - mysterychicken, Friday, October 8, 2010 at 8:33pm
Thanks to both of you for the help!
- English 2 - Ms. Sue, Friday, October 8, 2010 at 8:38pm
You're very welcome. Good luck with your wisdom poem.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I have to write a wisdom poem for my assignment. It has to be about ...
- Wisdom poetry - I have to brainstorm a list of themes for wisdom poems, but I am...
- Wisdom Poem - Haha, k, so this is what I got for my "wisdom" poem..I know it's ...
- English - Check out this site. http://www.cultureandrecreation.gov.au/articles/...
- Creative Writing - What is wisdom? Is it in the stories that Grandfather told me...
- Creative Writing - ok,so for my essay , I have to 'extend' the definition of '...
- poetry - can someone please give me good links where i can find poetry to read. ...
- English - Can someone help me write a simple poem, using the following?: 1 ...
- Poem of wisdom - hey, I was wondering if you could lend me some help with the ...
- English/Poetry - I need to write a poem for my English class. The thing is, I ...