Posted by Katherine on Friday, October 8, 2010 at 3:59pm.
I have some questions regarding motion problems.
If I have a ball at initial velocity of 50m/s at 35 degree angle, to find horizontal and vertical components, I do the following:
Vertical is 50(sin35)=28.68-rounded to 29
Horizontal = 50 (cos 35)=40.96-rounded to 42
Maximum height ball hit 29 m/s^2 /2(9.81m/s^2)= 42.90
Range of ball:29/4.92 = 5.9 s
take 41 (horizontal velocity) times 2 =84 meters
Could you just check this for me-thank you-if its wrong, just direct me where I did it incorrectly
- Physics-above question -please check it - Katherine, Friday, October 8, 2010 at 4:00pm
Just please check my calculations-
- Physics - bobpursley, Friday, October 8, 2010 at 4:29pm
Yes, I agree, but I would not have rounded to two significant figures, it pains me to to do that.
- Physics-I think I did range wrong-please check - Katherine, Friday, October 8, 2010 at 4:36pm
Hi, I think I did the range calculation incorrectly-Shouldn't I have done:
Horizontal 40.96 times 5.9 s, not 2-I'm not sure where I got the two
My new answer should be 40.96 x 5.9 = 241.66m
I'll remember about rounding
- Physics - bobpursley, Friday, October 8, 2010 at 4:40pm
yes, I missed that on the time.
- Physics - Katherine, Friday, October 8, 2010 at 4:47pm
Thanks for your help I really appreciated it!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - A stone is catapulted at time t = 0, with an initial velocity of ...
- Physics - An object is projected at an angle of 53.1degrees above the horizontal...
- physics - A ball is thrown with an initial velocity of 20 meters per second at ...
- Physics - In class, we completed a lab dealing with the range of a projectile. ...
- AP Physics C - A stone is catapulted at time t = 0, with an initial velocity of ...
- physics - A stone is catapulted at time t = 0, with an initial velocity of ...
- Physics for exam - I can't get this question and its been driving me crazy. I ...
- Physics - If you throw a ball into the air at some angle with respect to the ...
- physics - You throw a ball toward a wall with a speed of 25m/s and at an angleof...
- Science - Physics - When a projectile is fired horizontally, which of the ...