Posted by mysterychicken on Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 4:14pm.
7. In the Adams-Onis Treaty of 1819,
a. the US doubled its size
b. the Cherokees settled their dispute with the American government
c. Spain ceded Florida to the US
d. the US gained the right to build the Erie Canal
11. One important result of the Mexican War was that
a. the US gained control of the entire Oregon Country
b. the Rio Grande became the accepted American-Mexican border
c. Mexico and the US became permanent allies
d. the Republic of Texas became an independent nation
13. Which was a provision of the Missouri Compromise of 1820?
a. Missouri and Maine were denied statehood
b. Western territories north of Missouri's southern border were closed to slavery
c. Slavery could not spread to any western lands
d. Free states could never outnumber slave states
15. How did the Jacksonian Democrats differ from the National Republicans?
a. They opposed government interference with the economy
b. They thought the federal government should control business
c. They supported a high tariff on foreign goods
d. They favored a national bank for the US
I can't decide between A and B..
18. In the 1830s and 1840s, most southern whites
a. were beginning to oppose slavery
b. saw no need to reform their society
c. promoted prison and public school reforms
d. encouraged industrial development in the South
- US History - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 5:23pm
The first three answers are right.
15. is definitely a. Did you notice that a and b are direct opposites?
18. I'm not sure about 18, but I suspect it's b. However, check your text to see what answer your teacher is expecting.
- US History - mysterychicken, Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 5:56pm
Yes, I did notice that about 15; Thanks so much for your help!
- US History - Ms. Sue, Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 6:08pm
You're very welcome.
Answer this Question
U.S.History - please check these questions:[my letter is in CAPS] 1.In the Adams...
history - please check my answer Describe the major territorial advances made by...
American History - Why did most of the Cherokees oppose the treaty of New Echota...
History/Government - At the Constitutional Convention, what did the Great ...
US History - A treaty was signed in 1842 to end the border dispute between the ...
us history - What big idea of American government does The House of Burgesses ...
us history - by the 1820s and 1830s american migrants had settled as far west as...
American History - Which country was part of the war but never signed the Treaty...
social studies; AP US - The Filipino insurrection led by the Aquinaldo was the ...
US history and GOV - What is the homestate of Samuel Adams, Richard Henry Lee,...
For Further Reading