Posted by Hannah on Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 7:55pm.
For f(x) = 2x-3 and g(x)= 2x^2 find,
a) (f + g)(x) = My answer is
2x^2 + 2x - 3. Is this correct?
b) (f - g)(x) How would you do this?
c) (f X g)(2) I do not know what to do since the 2 is there.
- Math(Please help) - Hannah, Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 8:02pm
Sorry I wanted to add something else!
Determine whether the graph of the following equation is symmetric with respect to the x-axis, the y-axis, and the origin.
y^2 - x - 49 = 0
For x axis -y^2 - x - 9 = 0 is not the same as the first equation so it is not symmetrical to the x-axis. Correct?
For the y-axis y^2 + x - 49 = 0 is not the same as the first equation so it is not symmetrical to the y-axis. Correct?
For the origin -y^2 + x - 49 = 0 is not the same as the first equation so itis not symmetrical to the origin either. Am I correct?
- Math(Please help) - Henry, Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 5:18pm
a. (f + g)(x) = f(x) + g(x) =(2x - 3 +
b. (f - g)(x) = f(x) - g(x) = (2x -3)
c. (f * g)(x) = f(x) * g(x) = (2x -3)
* 2x^2 = 4x^3 - 6x^2.
y^2 - x - 49 = 0.
Solve for x:
x = y^2 - 49 = 0,
This x parabola is the difference of 2 squares:
(y + 7) (y - 7) = 0,
y + 7 = 0,
y = -7,
y - 7 = 0,
y = 7.
Axis of symmetry: y = (-7+7)/2 = 0,
y = 0 is a hor line which lies on the x axis.
- Math(Please help) - Henry, Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 5:30pm
c. (f.g)(2) = f(2) * g(2) = (2*2-3) *
(2 * 2^2) = 1 * 8 = 8.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Hi this question was already asked but there is still no correct ...
- math - By default, your numerical entry is scored as correct if it is within 1% ...
- drbob222 math,correction - i made some corrections for the previous postage can ...
- math,correction - Can someone correct these for me please.. Find the value of ...
- Math (Algebra) - Can someone please check my answer? 9[73-(-95-61)]= 2061 if my ...
- math help - could some one please explain to me reciprocal how to find the ...
- math,correction , - can someone correct these for me please... Remove the ...
- Algebra - I can't seem to solve this for x correctly...I got 128 over 55 as an ...
- Spanish: check answers - 16. Which sentence is correct? A. Yo no entiendo a la ...
- math ,correction - Problem#1 Directions: Find the distance between each pair of ...