Posted by Tanya on Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 6:26pm.
What is the solution of 3 times the absolute value of x + 5 <= 6
I think the answer is x <= - 3 and x >= -7
If I'm not right, could you tell me why?
- Math-Algebra - Zach, Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 6:40pm
|3x| <= -9
x <= -3
Yes, you are correct.
- Math-Algebra-Please check - Tanya, Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 6:57pm
Thank you-I appreciate it- I posted another- could you just check it to make sure I got this concept.
- Math-Algebra-Please check - Reiny, Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 7:06pm
3|x+5| ≤ 6
|x+5| ≤ 2
x+5 ≤ 2 AND -x-5 ≤ 2
x ≤ -3 AND -x ≤ 7
x ≤ -3 AND x ≥ -7
-7 ≤ x ≤ -3
- Math-Algebra-Please check - Tanya, Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 7:20pm
Answer this Question
- Algebra-please check - What is the solution for absolute value of -1 + x = 5 I ...
- Algebra 2 (check) - I have some problems that I've answered and I need someone ...
- Algebra-help please - I already asked this question once about the absolute ...
- math, help - For the following set, which number has the largest absolute value...
- Geometry MATH CHECK - Check? In your own words, explain why we use the formula ...
- Math - If the absolute value of a negative number is 2.78, what is the distance ...
- math !!!!!!please part of a major grade!!!!!! - when in the absolute value of x ...
- algebra - please check answers and change if wrong thank you. The absolute value...
- Algrebra II-please check my answer - Determine the zeros of the function 7x^2 + ...
- Algebra - The (absolute value) x-20 (absolute value) is less than or equal to 6...