Posted by kenji on Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 10:11pm.
Please check my answers
1) The American colonists based their right to revolt against Britain’s authority on the claim that
a. the wealth of the new world belonged to them, since they had developed it through their labor.
b. the colonial charters had expired, which made them free men under the rules of international law.
c. their rights as British subjects had been violated.
d. the conflict between the British and the French in the New World was a violation of treaties and hence neither British nor French authority was valid.
e. the Articles of Confederation legally replaced British rule in the colonies.
I said it's C
2. Under most situations, the Constitution prevents the government from suspending the writ of habeas corpus, meaning that the government cannot
a. prosecute persons for acts that were legal at the time they were committed.
b. establish a state religion based on Christian beliefs.
c. enact laws that would legalize the practice of indentured servitude.
d. jail a person without a court hearing to determine the legality of her/his imprisonment.
e. silence freedom of the press
I think it's D
3. Which of the following chronologies is correct?
a. Boston Tea Party (1773); First Continental Congress (1774); and Declaration of Independence (1776)
b. Shays’s Rebellion (1773); Annapolis Convention (1774); and Declaration of Independence (1776)
c. Stamp Act (1775); Declaration of Independence (1776); and Philadelphia Convention (1788)
d. Common Sense (1769); Declaration of Independence (1776); and Federalist Papers (1783)
e. Declaration of Independence (1776); Articles of Confederation (1787); Constitution (1791); and Federalist No. 10 (1795)
I think it's E, but when i look up the years, they seem off.
4. The Bill of Rights was added to the Constitution
a. by the Framers during the Philadelphia Convention.
b. in stages, from 1789 to 1798.
c. in response to the freeing of the slaves during the Civil War.
d. in response to the ideals of Jacksonian democracy.
e. None of these answers is correct.
I said it's B but it's from 1789-1891 not 98 so i'm not sure
5. The writers of the Constitution devised the Electoral College as the method of choosing presidents because
a. direct election was impractical due to the poor systems of communication and transportation that existed in the late 1700s.
b. the method would shield executive power from popular majorities and Congress.
c. the method guaranteed a majority winner.
d. the method would give weight to the preferences of ordinary people.
e. the Framers had a great deal of faith in the wisdom of the masses.
B make sense the most to me
6. The writers of the Constitution justified different methods of selection and varying terms of office for the president, Senate, and House as a means of
a. increasing popular influence.
b. protection against ruthless majorities.
c. preventing elite control of government.
d. maintaining experienced leadership.
e. increasing voter turnout.
I know it's either B or C but i can't decide which one
7. The Framers of the Constitution preferred which of the following political arrangements?
a. a republic as opposed to a pure democracy
b. a monarchy as opposed to a constitutional system
c. a pure democracy over a republic
d. a pure democracy over a representative democracy
e. socialism over capitalism
Idk this one at all, but i'm guess it's D
- social studies - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 10:32pm
1. I agree.
3. Disagree. I think it's A.
4 and 5. Agree
6. I like C better, mainly because of the negative word "ruthless" in B.
7. A pure democracy is not practical for a large number of people spread over a large area. That leaves A.
- social studies - Anonymous, Saturday, November 12, 2011 at 7:34pm
. Which of the following chronologies is correct?
A. Boston Tea Party (1773); First Continental Congress (1774); and Declaration of Independence (1776)
B. Shays's Rebellion (1773); Annapolis Convention (1774); and Declaration of Independence (1776)
C. Stamp Act (1775); Declaration of Independence (1776); and Philadelphia Convention (1788)
D. Common Sense (1769); Declaration of Independence (1776); and Federalist Papers (1783)
E. Declaration of Independence (1776); Articles of Confederation (1787); Constitution (1791); and Federalist No. 10 (1795)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - How could geography/mercantilism have contributed to the revolt...
- Louisiana History - 1. Which was not a reason for the King of Spain to be ...
- Social studies - Can someone check my answers if there wrong can you give me the...
- history - 1. What was the result of Cortes’s defeat of the Aztecs? Select all ...
- Social Studies (check my answers) - 1. What was one reason Tecumseh wanted to ...
- social studies - Artistic efforts were slow to develop in colonies for the ...
- social studies - why did the british feel justified imposing the stamp act on ...
- us history - Regarding Thomas Paine's Common Sense... 1. According to Paine, ...
- Social Studies - What major advantage did the colonists have over the British ...
- Social Studies Check my answers! - 20. Which best describes the connection the ...