Posted by Randy on Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 5:40pm.
What is the solution of -4x +1 > or equal to 7
I get these really confused on how to solve these.
Algebra - Quidditch, Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 5:54pm
-4x + 1 >= 7
Solve this as you would if there was just an "=" sign. But, anytime you multiply or divide both sides by a negative number the inequality sign will reverse.
To get you started...
Subtract 1 from both sides.
Algebra - Randy-Please check, Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 6:17pm
is the answer x <=3/2
Algebra - Quidditch, Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 6:23pm
You have the inequality correct, but when you divided both sides by -4, you you have an error on the right side.
6/(-4) = ?
Algebra - Randy-Please check, Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 6:56pm
It should be x<= -3/2, correct
Algebra - Quidditch, Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 6:58pm
Yes, you got it!
Algebra - bobpursley, Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 7:01pm
Algebra - Randy-Thank you, Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 7:08pm
Thanks Quidditch-I appreciate it
Algebra - Quidditch, Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 7:20pm
Glad to help
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- college algebra - Solve the following inequality. x^3+9x^2-108 less or equal to ...
- Chemistry - a solution of OH- ions is added to a beaker of pure water at 25 C, ...
- Algebra 2 Answer Check - Solve each equation. 1. (|3x -4|)/(-5) = 6 A: no ...
- Math - 1) When will the dependent variable in the equation y=√x+4-3 equal ...
- Chemistry - What is the molality of a solution of water and KCl if the boiling ...
- algebra - can someone show me how to solve this the instructions are for me to ...
- Algebra 2 - Solve each equation. 1. (|3x -4|)/(-5) = 6 A: no solution 2. (|2x -...
- Math - ok so i'm kinda sort of confused... I had this for a equation X^2 + 4X - ...
- Algebra - Solve -3x-5 is greater than or equal to 16 Would the solution be x is ...
- algebra help bad!!!! - Solve 2x+9 greater or equal to 5 and 2x-13greater or ...