Posted by Bea on Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 5:33pm.
I need help in translating this text. Primo Galli per vias hominum vacuas discurrebant ad praedam petendam; inde autem rursus ipsa solitudine absterriti secum "In Forum" inquiunt "ac propiora Foro loca redeamus. Ne qua fraus hostilis nos vagos excipiat." Ibi eos, plebis aedificiis obseratis, patentibus atriis principum, maior prope cunctatio aperta quam clause invadendi tenebat; adeo haud aliter atque venerantes cernebant in aedium atriis sedentes viros, praeter ornatum habitumque humano augustiorem, maiestate etiam quam vultus gravitasque oris prae se ferebant simillimos dis.
Latin - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 7:13pm
Yes, this is a HELP site but nobody will DO the work for you. Besides, it would certainly help to state from which work and which author this is taken.
Do what you can do and we certainly can provide Latin dictionaries.
Latin - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 7:20pm
P.S. Here are some links to try:
Latin - Writeacher, Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 7:22pm
And remember Latin sentence structure. I'll take the first part of the first sentence apart for you.
Primo = adverb
Galli = nominative plural (subject)
per vias hominum vacuas = prepositional phrase; per = preposition; vias = object of the preposition; what do you think about the other two words in this phrase?
discurrebant = the verb; 3rd person plural, imperfect tense
ad praedam petendam = prepositional phrase
Take it one sentence at a time; don't let the whole thing overwhelm you.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Latin I - I need help translating these. Poetae pecuniam dabo. Reginae fabulam ...
- LATIN - Obey the divine law and tell us the truth now! I need help translating ...
- latin - i need help translating this sentance to latin.. "six safe and favorable...
- res ipsa loquitur - please check my answer thank you What is res ipsa loquitur ...
- latin - how would you translation BElimicus, Cum De testanmento Audivisset, adeo...
- latin - I am stuck on translating the below from Latin to Englis: Impluvium in ...
- latin - When I am translating Latin sentances, where should I start. Should I ...
- intermediate latin - Hey i need some assistance with translating this sentence ...
- french - Can someone proofread this please? I'm terrible at proofreading french...
- Latin - hic vasto rex Aeolus antro luctantes ventos tempestatesque sonoras ...