Posted by Amy on Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 3:47pm.
Kate is a salesperson in a retail store and earns $88 per week plus 11% of her weekly sales. If Kate made $154 one week,what were her sales that week?
this is another word problem.
I don't know the equation
I was thinking
88 + .11 = 154x
- Math - Amy, Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 3:49pm
but that equation I know is wrong
or (88/154) = (.11/x) ?
- Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 4:05pm
154 - 88 = 66 This is the amount of her commission.
0.11x = 66
x = 66/0.11
x = ? amount of sales
- Math - Amy, Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 4:12pm
thank you so much
although why would I divide 66 by 0.11 instead of multiplying 0.11?
- Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 4:22pm
The equation 0.11x = 66 means that 11% of some number is 66.
Since you're looking for the amount of sales, you need to divide. Remember you're looking for a number much larger than 66.
0.11 times $66 = $7.26 so that can't be the amount of the sales.
- Math - Amy, Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 4:31pm
- Math - ani, Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 8:59pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Easy Math - I am confused on how to do this ? ! Jeff is a salesperson in a ...
- math - Laura is a salesperson in a retail store and earns $65 per week plus 10% ...
- Algebra Help URGENT Please? - Jamie is a salesperson in a shoe store and earns $...
- Finance - A salesperson in a furniture store receives a weekly salary of $1,250...
- Math - If Sandy usually earns $88 plus 11% sales each week. What if she earns $...
- Linear Functions - A salesperson earns $200 a week plus a 4% commission on her ...
- Can someone check this - A salesperson earns $200 a week plus a 4% commission ...
- Math - The chart shows the number of cars sold per week at a car dealership ...
- algebra - A salesperson earns a salary of $500.00 per week, plus a commision of ...
- Math ASAP ASAP!!!!! - Earl earns a weekly salary of $150 plus 20% of amount of ...