Posted by Anonymous on Monday, October 4, 2010 at 5:16pm.
In triangle ABC, CD is both the median and the altitude. If AB=5x+3, AC=2x+8, and BC=3x+5, what is the perimeter of triangle ABC?
- geometry - Henry, Monday, October 4, 2010 at 7:39pm
Since CD is BOTH the median and altitude, the triangle is isosceles
and AB is the short side. The 2 long
sides(AB and BC) are equal.
AB = BC,
2X + 8 = 3X + 5,
2X - 3X = 5 - 8,
-X = -3,
X = 3.
P = AB + AC + BC,
P = (5X + 3) + (2X + 8) + (3X + 5),
P = (5*3 + 3) + (2*3 + 8) + (3*3 + 5),
P = 18 + 14 + 14 = 46.
- geometry - lisa, Monday, May 9, 2011 at 12:13am
fine the perimeter of ABCD = 46. AB = x+9, CD= 2x-7
- geometry - Anonymous, Thursday, August 11, 2011 at 5:12pm
1.05] Find the distance between the points (3, 0) and (-1, 5)
- geometry - tyler, Monday, August 29, 2011 at 6:41pm
A, B, and C are collinear, AB = 5x - 19, and BC = 3x + 4. Find an
expression for AC if B is between A and C.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geometry - Let ABC be any triangle. Equilateral triangles BCX, ACY, and BAZ are...
- geometry - Triangle ABC is a right triangle such that m angle B= 90 degrees. If ...
- math - In isosceles right triangle ABC, point D is on hypotenuse BC such that AD...
- Geometry - Can you help me with Always, Sometimes, Never questions?? I have ...
- Geometry Honors - Can someone help me with Always, Sometimes, Never questions?? ...
- math - The base of triangle ABC is one half the altitude. The altitude of ...
- math - The base of triangle ABC is one half the altitude.The altitude of ...
- HELP!!!!RIGHT NOW!!!! - Which set of side lengths shows similar triangles? (1 ...
- geometry - The medial triangle of a triangle ABC is the triangle whose vertices...
- Hard Geometry Problem - Hi guys. I need a lot of help on this. "Equilateral ...