Posted by Dawn on Monday, October 4, 2010 at 4:57pm.
-1 divided by -7/2? I tried this on my calculator and got a demical, my teacher want's it in fraction form though.
- Math - Reiny, Monday, October 4, 2010 at 5:01pm
-1 ÷ (-7/2)
= -1 x (-2/7)
- Math - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 4, 2010 at 5:01pm
-1 / (-7/2) = -1 * -(2/7) = 2/7
- Math - PsyDAG, Monday, October 4, 2010 at 5:02pm
Dividing by a fraction is that same as multiplying by the inverse of that fraction.
(-1)/(-7/2) = (-1)(-2/7) = 2/7
- Math - Dawn, Monday, October 4, 2010 at 5:05pm
Inverse means the recpitile right? so like if it was 15, it'd be 15/1 x (-3/4ths) which -3/4ths is actually 4/3s? so 15/1x4/3
- Math - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 4, 2010 at 5:07pm
Inverse means the reciprocal.
You only use the reciprocal when you divide.
15 / (3/4) = 15/1 * (4/3)
- Math - Dawn, Monday, October 4, 2010 at 5:07pm
Ah, okay. Thank you.
- Math - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 4, 2010 at 5:10pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - what is 1/2 Divided by 2.789 Use your calculator. i tried but i says ...
- Math - 592 divided by 48 = 107 divided by 19 = Try using long division and ...
- math - When a positive integer, n, is divided by 24 the remainder is 18. When n...
- Calculus - I'm reviewing for a test tomorrow and two of the questions on the ...
- Math - So my teacher is making me solve systems by graphing. One of them was 3x...
- math - how do you change the fraction 8/35 to a percent? please try to help. ...
- Math - Arrange these in order from least to greatest: arctan(-sqrt3), arctan 0, ...
- math - 3/7x+5=8. I tried to cross-mulitplied and I got 3x+35=8. I divided -27 by...
- math - I have 4 spinners each divided into 4 equal sections (labeled 1,2,3,4,) ...
- Calculator Help - Is there a difference between TI-89 Titanium calculator and ...