Posted by evelyn on Monday, October 4, 2010 at 4:25pm.
What value will make the equation
8th grade math - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 4, 2010 at 4:31pm
6x + 30 = 3x - 42
3x = -42 + (-30)
3x = -72
x = -?
8th grade math - Lisa, Monday, October 4, 2010 at 4:37pm
I understand that part but I'm just not sure when the question asks me what VALUE will make the equation TRUE will it be x=-72? because I don't think that's what there asking me.
8th grade math - Ms. Sue, Monday, October 4, 2010 at 4:41pm
I don't see what else the question is asking.
The equation is true when you find that x = -24.
Substitute -24 in the original equation to prove that it is the correct value of x.
8th grade math - maya, Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 12:47am
the lesser of two consecutive even intergers is 10 more than one-half greater. Find the intergers
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 8th grade math - how do you make an equation that is parallel to another ...
- 8th grade math - List the integers that can replace n to make the statement -|8...
- Algebra 1: 8th Grade - How many values of x make each statement true? Explain ...
- 5th grade math - How do you do letter equations? "Each letter in the equation ...
- 5th grade math - Find the value of 'n' to make each statment true. 1.22 x n is ...
- 5th grade math - Find the value of 'n' to make each statement true. 1. 22 times ...
- 8th grade Math - 2k+3=15 k=4 but prove why this is true using what you already ...
- Math - What value of x will make the equation below true? 2x-6=3x+1-x-7
- Science 8th grade check answer - The cellular process involves mitosis is ...
- Hard math 7th grade - What is the value of 42 – 2(3 • 5 + 1)? (1 point) 8 1 –16...