Posted by SAP on Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 10:00pm.
4(26-4y) + 5y = 27
104 - 16y+ 5y = 27
-21y = - 77
21y = 77
y = 77/31
Now, Iím suppose to return to the 2nd equation x=26-4y and substitute 77/31 for x, I donít understand if the is correct way or how to get the answer for the ordered pair.
- math need asap - Jen, Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 10:05pm
-16y+5y=-11y, not -21y..I think that's your mistake
- math need asap - Ana Cecilia, Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 10:14pm
the answer is x= -2 and y= 7, this is how its done
then you plug in the y for the next equation
and thats how you get your x and y i hope that helped
- math need asap - SAP, Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 10:21pm
Ok, so if I use the corrected number you gave, that would make y = 7.
Returning to the 2nd equation x=26-4y and substituting x for 7.
4y = 7 - 26
still does not add up, what am I doing wrong?
- math need asap - SAP, Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 10:29pm
Ana, thank you, now I understand what I was doing wrong. I couldn't figure out how to rewrite the x=26-4y equation.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - In the term 21y, what is ther literal coefficient? a. 2 b. 21 c. 21y d. y...
- Math - solve for 9x-21y=28 -9x+21y=21 in elimination method
- math - is this correct 7x+21y-7=7(x+3y-1)
- math - 7x+21y-7=x+3y-1 GCF 7
- Calculus - Find the particular solution of the differential equation y'=(5x+21y...
- math - factory completely 21y^2+38+5
- Geometry - What is y if 6y+1=21y+13
- Math - List the terms without changing the expression. 21x+21y
- math - Thanks for the answer Reiny, could you explain the way you solved the ...
- Algebra - y^4-10y^3+21y^2